Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Swansea City 0 Cardiff City 1 (6th Feb) Oh yes!

editor

hiraethified
It's going to be tough for Cardiff, but COME ON YOU BLOOOOBIRDS!
Dubbed yet again as the 'biggest south Wales derby of all time', both Swansea and Cardiff know that the stakes are getting higher as promotion to the Premier League remains firmly within their grasp. Separated by just two points, it is too close to call who out of the Swans or the Bluebirds could be flying highest come May.

If third-placed Swansea win on Sunday, not only will they move five points clear of their bitter rivals, but they will create a piece of history. Such is the pride, passion and ferocity surrounding this fixture, that neither side has ever been able to pull off a derby double in the same season.

Swansea's win at Cardiff in November has given them the opportunity to do it in front of their own fans, a prospect Bluebirds' supporters simply cannot stomach.

Swansea's much-admired brand of possession football hit top gear during Tuesday's win over Bristol City, and prompted Robins manager Keith Millen to say they are without doubt the best passing side in the division. But it is also defensively that they excel. Keeper Dorus De Vires has already kept 14 clean sheets this season and is well on course to match last season's total of 25, which won him the Golden Gloves award.

Cardiff, on the other hand, have not kept a clean sheet since they beat Coventry on Boxing Day, and perhaps more worryingly have slipped from top to fifth after only winning four out of their last 14 matches. [-]

Fair play to you guys - wonder strike from Bellamy just as we were starting to up our game. Shame it was him though, would have preferred being beaten by someone who gets paid by Cardiff (and isn't an utter, utter prick) :mad:

One derby each, bring on the promotion push and the chance for the double upstairs next season.....

He does get paid by Cardiff...

and Man City...

... and Wales...

... and Nike.

Lots of people pay him.

By the way i thought Bellers was very diplomatic in his post match interview. Stating that both clubs were on the up and improving. Saying either club could end up doing the double one day etc.

He could have gloated and dissed Swansea etc.

He acted like a Wales captain should.

I bet deep down in side he really just wanted to go Yeeeeeaaaah baby we beat the jack bastards!

He looked like he was suppressing a huge "FUCK YES!!!" during the interview, but he was certainly very diplomatic. I think Cardiff deserved it overall - Bake's near wonder goal would have been a gem. Sinclair is an awesome player too.

What the fuck is it with Swansea fans and Union Jacks, btw? I saw at least two giant sized ones in the ground :facepalm:

Fair play to you guys - wonder strike from Bellamy just as we were starting to up our game. Shame it was him though, would have preferred being beaten by someone who gets paid by Cardiff (and isn't an utter, utter prick) :mad:

One derby each, bring on the promotion push and the chance for the double upstairs next season.....
I'd love it if we both went up :)

I'd love it if we both went up :)

It would be good both for Welsh football and the economy.

Us by auto and Swansea by playoffs please.

I don't think I can face another playoff final. I'm getting a bit sick of Wembly.

jack-bastards-lol.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/blog/swansea-city-0-cardiff-city-1-lol/

What the fuck is it with Swansea fans and Union Jacks, btw? I saw at least two giant sized ones in the ground :facepalm:

I have no fucking idea, I find it bizarre and embarrassing and don't like the alarm bells they set off for me and know I'm not the only one (lots of debate about this between Jacks) but what do you do? You do see more Welsh and the odd Irish flags too, and I'm sure I've seen the odd bluebird with a union flag before too. What club doesn't have a section of support you'd like to leave at the services though? ;)

I've honestly never seen a large Union Jack being waved about at at Cardiff, and I'm pretty sure that anyone rocking up with one would find it being 'decommissioned' pretty damn quick.

We have a bunch of royalist nutters. I'd like them to fuck off, or at least drop the flags, but suspect they won't listen to someone living in South London who makes about three home games a season.

You don't have so much of a problem with that.

You do still have a significant proportion of wanker-y fans.

Now bask in your derby day superiority and stop milking it :D

Fucking hammered them. 0-1 doesnt do us justice. Jay's miss, Blake could have become a legend. had to keep going oustide every 10 minutes for a fag was just too much for me with everything else. What a fucking team we have,fair do's to the bastards tho they gave us a game, nit sure Heaton got his gloves dirty mind,bless their cotton socks.

Is there any thread you havent posted that link on Clint, and if not why not. I'd even post it on the naked urbs thread cos it would be enough to get my kit off.lol

Fucking hell Clint in that case whatever you do don't put it in the naked urbs thread

Back
Top Bottom