Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Supreme Court Ruling time again

And if he is defeated (not sure he will be) there's a chance of mayhem. That kind of subservience, ideology and idolatry isn't going back in the bottle...

Mayhem either way. I'd prefer mayhem if he loses by far, at least that will give the authorities the chance to beat up, shoot and arrest Trumpist thugs. And if Trump incites another insurrection, he won't be covered by presidential immunity.

He's neither guilty nor innocent. He's incapable of committing a crime when acting in his official capacity as president. The SC has explicitly placed the US president above the law.

A lot of people are claiming this decision makes the President a King, or even an Emperor - this to me misses the point a bit, as even Kings and Emperors could be dealt with legally. What this is much more akin to is the authority that the Pope has when speaking ex cathedra on a position of dogma, ie: he is infallible.

The mental thing is that the dissent says 'you have just made the president immune from prosecution for assassinating his rivals'

The majority response is not "no we haven't" it's "that's not very likely to happen so quit worrying!":

The dissents’ positions in the end boil down to ignoring the Constitution’s separation of powers and the Court’s precedent and instead fear mongering on the basis of extreme hypotheticals about a future where the President “feels empowered to violate federal criminal law.”

Remember, Trump could assassinate his political rivals with immunity but that's an "extreme hypothetical" so let's not worry about it okay?

A lot of people are claiming this decision makes the President a King, or even an Emperor - this to me misses the point a bit, as even Kings and Emperors could be dealt with legally. What this is much more akin to is the authority that the Pope has when speaking ex cathedra on a position of dogma, ie: he is infallible.
Pope Trump?

Trope Pump?

Dogma J Trump?

With this, and last week's decisions (particularly Chevron), the SCOTUS takeover of the country is looking almost fully sweet for the "Project 2025" scheme to transform the US into a Christian dictatorship. No law, no equality, no redress, just the courts.

Fascism has now taken over one of the two main political parties, a supermajority in the Supreme Court, hundreds of federal judges, 28 state legislatures and a huge sway of the electorate. Can it be beaten back?

Last edited:
Leviathan.

Fascism has not taken over one of the two main political parties, a supermajority in the Supreme Court, hundreds of federal judges, 28 state legislatures and a huge sway of the electorate. Can it be beaten back?

It's increasingly looking like the only way out, is through. Which is a horrifying prospect for all sorts of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom