Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

No, the context is team mates on a multicultural training ground.

Or maybe they just saw it as not a form of abuse, just something from his culture.

This is brilliant..... Truly brilliant, calling someone a negro 'on a multicultural training ground' is something not only not to be criticised but something to be resolutely defended....

This is brilliant..... Truly brilliant, calling someone a negro 'on a multicultural training ground' is something not only not to be criticised but something to be resolutely defended....
:D

Everything comes in inverted commas on the Liverpool training pitch. It's a hotbed of postmodernism.

I don't believe he called him "a negro", did he?

Sorry, I thought you knew how they referred to each other.....

From the FA written reasons and recalling what Suarez himself said, so YES he did call Johnson negro...

353. On occasions, Mr Suarez has used the word "negro" to address people with black skin
without any intention to offend and in a way that would be seen as inoffensive in
Uruguay. He is familiar with this use of the word from his upbringing in Uruguay. He
said he uses it in this way when speaking to other black players in England, such as when
he says "Just pass the ball, negro" to Glen Johnson.

Watching some of the Liverpool presser, Dalgleish is coming across like a demented fool. Let's remember he was demanding full asccess and full disclosure of what happened at the hearing yet Dalgleish, like some demented freemason, was wittering on about things we don't know and that they do know. Truly truly laughable.....

Watching some of the Liverpool presser, Dalgleish is coming across like a demented fool. Let's remember he was demanding full asccess and full disclosure of what happened at the hearing yet Dalgleish, like some demented freemason, was wittering on about things we don't know and that they do know. Truly truly laughable.....
Aye. It was weird seeing that, just came across as a weird rant, no evidence that there is any kind of PR strategy in place. You expect in the world of corporate football that the owners and directors will be seeking to at least get some coherence around their response to the report, but it didn't look like that from the evidence of yesterday's statement or the press conference.

As a United fan I've not got too much sympathy, but the odd thing is I do find myself wanting Liverpool to sort this out or at least get back some sort of self respect. The legacy of all this is going to be nasty, between the clubs and beyond.

Indeed. One would imagine that - based on the detailed mentions of the responses of various parties to various questions in the tribunal report - the whole tribunal was either tape recorded and/or had a stenographer recording everything.

Yeah, my remarks and posts here and elsewhere on Hillsborough have been dripping with anti LFC sentiment haven't they? You utter clown.

LFC a're not leaving it though are they. They really are graceless scum cunts.

bozo-the-clown.jpg

Reporter:
"OK, if a player calls someone 'negro' [Spanish pronunciation], surely the player who takes offence deserves an apology?"
Dalglish: "Ask a linguistic expert, which certainly I am not. They will tell you that the part of the country in Uruguay where he [Luis Suárez] comes from, it is perfectly acceptable. His wife calls him that and I don't think he is offended by her. We have made a statement and I think it is there for everybody to read. Luis has made a brilliant statement and we will stand by him."
this, for me, is just extraordinary. Great point from the journo there. Even if Suarez didn't intend to offend Evra, given that he clearly did, wouldn't the logical thing to do be to say sorry for any inadvertent offence caused?

If this was at City, there'd be guys running round the corridors with Blackberrys and clipboards telling the Sheikh to tell Mancini what to say or to STFU.
Seems the Boot Room still runs LFC or else they just don't have a press dept to gag a manager who now seems like an out-of-touch fool.

If this was at City, there'd be guys running round the corridors with Blackberrys and clipboards telling the Sheikh to tell Mancini what to say or to STFU.
Seems the Boot Room still runs LFC or else they just don't have a press dept to gag a manager who now seems like an out-of-touch fool.
it's just bizarre. Like he and Suarez gets to decide FOR Evra if he has a right to be offended.

Back
Top Bottom