Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

Tesco warehouse workers in Northern Ireland to go on strike ahead of Christmas

Quote * Unite members at the Antrim and Belfast Tesco distribution centres will launch an all-out, continuous strike from 7am on December 16. *
I was wondering what a continous strike is exactly. Anyone know?
Staying out until it's won, I think? In contrast to the type of strike you get more often nowadays, where they announce that they're going out for a specific number of days and then go back to work regardless of the result. Although I'd think of an "all-out" strike as meaning the same thing, so not sure if they've done a tautology there or what.

Staying out until it's won, I think? In contrast to the type of strike you get more often nowadays, where they announce that they're going out for a specific number of days and then go back to work regardless of the result. Although I'd think of an "all-out" strike as meaning the same thing, so not sure if they've done a tautology there or what.
Thanks for the reply. I really hope so because this sort of thing is long long overdue.

TFL wanting to get rid of 600 staff, this sounds like it's going to be fucking big:

Also, respect to the Sheffield couriers - this can't be great weather to be picketing in:

Are there any Union Members that know the situation on self-isolation at work? Does it still stand and does work have to pay you while you self isolate? Also is it still 14 days?

Sick pay policies will vary from place to place and if you're counted as self-employed you're probably in trouble, but otherwise then probably yes.
Solfed have some stuff worth a look:

Anyway, was coming here to post about the IWGB couriers strike in Sheffield, still going strong five days in:

Strike fund is here:

"The Trades Union Congress (TUC) has warned that pay is lagging behind inflation, creating a cost of living storm.
It estimates that in the final quarter of this year, pay growth (+0.8%) will rise at just half the speed of inflation (+1.6%).
That means the largest fall in real wages since 2012 and the second worse since comparable records began 2000."

Respect to the Stuart couriers, still going strong:

Strike fund is here:

Think the IWGB are also asking for people to help with phonebanking to help spread the strike, so contact them if you feel able to help out with that.

IWGB couriers are doing proper amazing stuff at the moment:

Again, strike fund is here:

Also, RMT demo at Kings Cross next week:

Reminder that the RMT demo is tomorrow morning:

Also, various disputes, mostly in the north west:
Manchester pallet workers starting an all-out strike:

At the Queens Road bus depot in Manchester, site of the big strike earlier this year, the first woman driver at the depot has just been sacked after 34 years for being "too short":

East Lancashire NHS scientists starting a new 12-week strike in their pay dispute:

The striking Scunthorpe scaffolders are still going strong:
Have a petition here:
And will be handing it in to the company's office in Wakefield on Wednesday morning:

JustEat/Stuart strike is still continuing two weeks in, and has now spread to Chesterfield:

New security guard strike scheduled for January at GOSH:

Missed that there was an occupation of JustEat HQ yesterday as well:

Not technically a strike, but related enough:

RMT night tube latest:

Not technically a strike, but related enough:
There's now a fb page in support of Tracey Scholes:
And on twitter:
Her final hearing is on Tuesday 11th and there's a rally thing in support then:

Also, upcoming events in support of the Chep pallet strike are an online meeting on the 12th:

And a rally at the picket line on the morning of the 14th:

GOSH security guards strike fund is here:

(crowdfunder proper taking the piss there, if you go to donate it asks you if you want to leave an optional tip for them and sets the standard amounts as 10%, 20%, and 30%, cheeky fuckers)

Back
Top Bottom