Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

JustEat strike is back on after management tried to hold a secret scabs-only meeting that went badly:

Email tool to email Stuart bosses:
Google form to sign up and get involved in supporting the strike:
And the strike fund again is:

Scunthorpe scaffolders have reballoted and have an extended mandate for action:

Full respect for them, I am very aware that trying to run a postal ballot at a time when there's barely any post being delivered cos all the posties are self-isolating can be a somewhat stressful experience.

Also, new campaign in support of the strike set up among Celtic supporters - do we still have any active ones on here?

From a UVW email about the Great Ormond Street strike:
Here are some KEY DATES for you:

Wednesday 19 January & Thursday 20 January, 10.00am onwards

✊🏾
PICKET LINE outside Great Ormond Street Hospital

📌
Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH

Friday 21 January, 12.30pm

✊🏾
STRIKE RALLY with speakers including Andy McDonald MP, outside Great Ormond Street Hospital

📌
Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH

Here is also a friendly recap of all the other things you can do to help their six-week strike for equality, set to be one of the longest in NHS history:

Oops, didn't expect those emojis to become giant.

Last edited:
There's now a fb page in support of Tracey Scholes:
And on twitter:
:) Happy ending to this one:
The way they were behaving in the first place utterly took the piss, of course, but glad it's sorted now.
Also, more info on the upcoming protests for the Actavo strike:
They'll now be happening in Dublin, Livingstone, Brigg and Chepstow on the 22nd, if there are any Dublin, Livingstone, Brigg or Chepstow urbs who are free then?

Eastbourne Borough Council said drivers would receive a pay increase of between 5% and 15% depending on their existing salary.
The GMB Union described the deal as a "massive win for GMB members"...
The GMB added that the deal included a minimum 11% pay increase this year.
Also, Hackney Deliveroo stuff:

Apparently they are escalating the bin strike to the whole of feb and march now.

Edit - link:

Coventry council (labour controlled) now saying they will use scab labour to cover the bin strike. (I didn't think that was legal but i may be wrong/out of date?).....

Unite response...(they say it's illegal)

Last edited:
Quick crosspost from the UCU thread:

Would be curious what UCU types think of the strategy here?
In total 68 UK universities will be hit with strike action in February.

The full strike dates, with numbers of institutions involved, are:

• week 1 (USS pension dispute only, 44 institutions): 5 days; Monday 14 to Friday 18 February
  • week 2 (both the pension and the pay & working conditions dispute, 68 institutions): 2 days; Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 February
  • week 3 (pay & working conditions dispute only, 63 institutions): 3 days; Monday 28 February, Tuesday 1 and Wednesday 2 March

Unison HE ballot has just closed, so we should know by some time next week how many, if any, Unison branches have made it past the threshold and what possibilities there are for co-ordinated action.

Unison HE ballot has just closed, so we should know by some time next week how many, if any, Unison branches have made it past the threshold and what possibilities there are for co-ordinated action.
Based on a huge phone banking effort by members of the branch committee and reps (plus I sent a handful of emails :oops: ), going off of self-reporting we're quietly hopeful we got over the line.

How that translates in terms of the actual result, of course... :hmm:

A lot of members reporting they hadn't received their ballot paper though, which is obviously a concern. One member finally received theirs this morning, an hour and a half after the deadline :facepalm:

(I think it's ok to share this as it's not really identifying anyone, but rarely totally certain so, uh... yeah, if this isn't cool, please someone say and I'll erase it from existence :hmm: :oops: )

A lot of members reporting they hadn't received their ballot paper though, which is obviously a concern. One member finally received theirs this morning, an hour and a half after the deadline :facepalm:
Yeah, I was going to say I dunno how things have been round your way, but we've definitely had pretty massive disruption to the post over the last few months round here, which has not made things any easier.

My niece/nephew went to Gordano and they had a new head a few years ago who was on one of those back to the 50s trips with more discipline and tradition, hence the fucking Harry Potter uniforms rather than bog standard school jumpers that did fine for years. Not surprised they’re striking, suspect staff put up with a lot of shit.

Back
Top Bottom