Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - BBC2 10pm from 16th March

I was just asking cos of something I read in the paper.

Can't watch your link cos I've got no sound, but thanks anyway.

Thanks for the link.

Just a few mins in, but Lee has said nothing so far and it's pretty standard C4 drivel.

Ok, watched the whole thing and it's entirely unremarkable except for the fact that Lee doesn't say very much and seems largely underwhelmed by the format of the show.

So now you know.

No. It's fucking brilliant. Far better than the show. And if you can't see that you're a bloody idiot. End transmission.

I'm sure the article I read made it sound like he'd said that it was an experience he'd not repeat. Sounded a lot worse than that ^^ anyway.

I'm sure the article I read made it sound like he'd said that it was an experience he'd not repeat. Sounded a lot worse than that ^^ anyway.

Oh, ok. I thought you meant C4 would not repeat it because he's said something terrible or whatever.

Yes, he certainly didn't seem to be enjoying it, so I guess the money wasn't fantastic either.

Maybe because his experience of it was what put him off, rather than how he came across. I just don't think he likes panel shows, and the audience 8 out of 10 cats attracts:

"My DVD got reviewed in Nuts and Zoo magazine, but I refused to do any interviews with them, because you don’t really want those sorts of people coming to see you. I might have done ten years ago, before I was bitter, but now I just think it’ll make for a miserable night. A room of thick people, you couldn’t use irony, I’m too old to struggle.”

"I was invited to go on ‘Derren Brown’, and I like ‘Derren Brown’ but they don’t pay you anything. Three million people watch it. It’s not worth being recognised by three million people in the street, for no money. It’s not really worth being recognised by eight million people for the amount of money you get for going on ‘Have I Got News For You’. It’s quite disconcerting.”

linky

Oh, ok. I thought you meant C4 would not repeat it because he's said something terrible or whatever.

Yes, he certainly didn't seem to be enjoying it, so I guess the money wasn't fantastic either.

He's generally quite subdued on panel shows. His soft, slow delivery of material isn't exactly tailored to the "zinger" based fast pace of those sort of programs. The absolute classic from him was his appearance on the Radio 4 show "Hearsay". He basically slagged off the entire audience and most of the panel:

Maybe because his experience of it was what put him off, rather than how he came across. I just don't think he likes panel shows, and the audience 8 out of 10 cats attracts:

"My DVD got reviewed in Nuts and Zoo magazine, but I refused to do any interviews with them, because you don’t really want those sorts of people coming to see you. I might have done ten years ago, before I was bitter, but now I just think it’ll make for a miserable night. A room of thick people, you couldn’t use irony, I’m too old to struggle.”

"I was invited to go on ‘Derren Brown’, and I like ‘Derren Brown’ but they don’t pay you anything. Three million people watch it. It’s not worth being recognised by three million people in the street, for no money. It’s not really worth being recognised by eight million people for the amount of money you get for going on ‘Have I Got News For You’. It’s quite disconcerting.”

linky

This is why we love him :cool:

He basically slagged off the entire audience and most of the panel:

:D

He's one of very, very few around these days who will sit in a room full of people, being broadcast to vastly more people, and alienate every one of them if he thinks they are being twats.

We need more like him.

Firstly, he's been on a whole bunch of panel shows (HIGNFY, NMtB etc).

Secondly, I've just looked it up on the tube and I wouldn't call it "disastrous", just a funny gadgie making the occasional remark on a pretty shitty show with other contributers who ranged from mediocre to unfunny. Basically exactly what you'd expect Stewart Lee appearing on 8 out 10 cats to be like. It's really not worth watching but if you feel so inclined here's the link:

Stewart Lee for parliament! Think how much more cutting PM's Qs could be.

Please.

Mildly amusing when he does it in a stand-up scenario. Not at all amusing when repeated for the 2nd time on a message board.

Thanks. x

Looking forward to tonight's episode now. :)

mrgrumpy.jpg

I assume he likes Morrissey and / or The Smiths. Is he the only fan who's actually taking on Mozza's current look rather than his younger one?

Back
Top Bottom