Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - BBC2 10pm from 16th March

He's brave to include material that's not very funny in what is supposed to be a comedy programme, is that what you mean?

I came very close to switching off during that 'joke'.

well. you either find it funny or you don't. If you do, there's something about the way he stretches things out that makes it funnier the longer it takes. even with some of the more direct stuff than the rappers bit, which is a bit abstract, but ace. When he reads a quote, snaps the book shut and says "Now,....." you already know pretty much what the joke is but he still builds slowly toward it. his timing is great - it's just not the hectic, attention defecit pace we're used to on TV any more.

I was expecting it to be a bit of a disaster, but first impressions were good.

Was that Michael Redmond as the goat? :cool:

I came very close to switching off during that 'joke'.

I did wonder what the hell was going on - but the payoff,

"Now, this book isn't really aimed at me."

was worth it. As was watching a poster-boy like Asher D being mocked for being photographed 'in a series of hats'.

Definitely watching episode 2.

Mind you I loved the 'Bronze Age Awareness meeting' gag in Mitchell and Webb just before.

Not bad, but he didn't put the giraffe toy on his head like he did (twice!) at Offline :rolleyes: what a disappointment...

524660140_6ad94f7f6a.jpg

mmm, actually that's no giraffe...

I only saw the last ten minutes or so, and it didn't make me laugh once. Quite a disappointment - I like his stand-up usually.

i had a sense of humour bypass then, cos i didnt find it funny at all. i switched over so didn't watch the whole thing. he might've got better i suppose....

i want to like Lee, and almost feel i should...but i just don't. he grates.

i had a sense of humour bypass then, cos i didnt find it funny at all. i switched over so didn't watch the whole thing. he might've got better i suppose....

i want to like Lee, and almost feel i should...but i just don't. he grates.

I just don't find him that funny. I mean, he's ok (not annoying, to me). But 5 minutes (1/6 of the show) droning on about rappers and where you would see them (in places where you wouldn't see them) just so that he could make the joke "this books probably not aimed at me" or something - that was more than a bit self indulgent.

Other bits were better, though.

Just did the iplayer.

Pretty good. Well better than anything I have seen on TV for a long time (apart from that rough trade thing).

Back
Top Bottom