Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So who's tried a Greggs vegan sausage roll/steak bake?

I tried the Greggs thing recently. I liked it so much I've eaten another.

Yesterday at Waverley station I tried one by another company. It was excellent.

I've bought a vegan cook book.

I'm sorry. I'm on the turn. Please recommend something to stop me becoming a vegan before its too late.

Help me!
It's OK, so long as you don't start always opening a conversation by stating your vegan-ness. Up until that point, you're just plant-based :D

I tried the Greggs thing recently. I liked it so much I've eaten another.

Yesterday at Waverley station I tried one by another company. It was excellent.

I've bought a vegan cook book.

I'm sorry. I'm on the turn. Please recommend something to stop me becoming a vegan before its too late.

Help me!

Just give in to it dude. I did once I found these...

vegan beef.PNG

And now I'm a full blown smug fucker :thumbs:

A real vegan burger would be made from vegans rather than for them anyway. Or following the original logic beef burgers should be renamed human burgers. I don't have anything against vegans I just like consistency.

Also, if Greggs are doing a vegan steak bake, I'd quite like to see the vegan steak.

I tried a Gregg's vegan sausage roll while out Christmas shopping the weekend before last.

Not saying I enjoyed it or anything but I ended up buying three. So nice to eat something like that without the fear of biting into a lump of fat or gristle.

The pastry is fantastic - light and crunchy - and the filling is tasty. And they're only a quid. I think I've found my new favourite savoury snack! :thumbs:

A real vegan burger would be made from vegans rather than for them anyway. Or following the original logic beef burgers should be renamed human burgers. I don't have anything against vegans I just like consistency.

You never know where a vegans been tho

I tried a sausage roll out of interest and it was ok, I mean it was as nice as the 'sausage' one. What the fuck is a real sausage anyway?

I'm not vegetarian, but I often prefer veggie food over the meaty alternative, especially when it comes to fast food etc, as it's all shite really. :thumbs:

Just had two of the vegan steak bakes. Very nice they were too.

If I didn't know, I'd have assumed it was meat.

For my next test I think I'll be getting one of each in the same bag and I'll get the dude in the shop to put them in the bag when I'm not looking.

edit: my post prior to this was moaning about how hard it is to lose weight in January :oops:

The thing about the sausage roll was that the vegan one looked very different to the regular one, might be the case here too.
They do look different, I think I prefer it though, although much of much, having said that it costs a bit more and is a bit worse for you I think (cos they lob a fuckload of salt in for flavour)

Right. Just had one.

The heat of the filling took the skin off the roof of my mouth. Nicely
Browned flaky pasty.Gloopy brown stuff with greyish lumps of Quorn in it. Nothing much to chew really. A light linger of onions on the palate.smells of generic meaty style gravy.

I however have no comparison or reference point as I don’t eat meat. Nor have I ever had a steak bake, even when I did. Is this how meat pastry actually tastes ? I am missing nothing special if this is the case.

The sausage roll is a far more accomplished salty vegan snack.

Back
Top Bottom