Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So who's tried a Greggs vegan sausage roll/steak bake?

Cornish pasty filler looks like the soggy stuff you fish out of the washing machine. Fucking awful things.

Vegan 'Cornish' pasty row.
The people shouting about their forefathers spinning in their graves really are starting to sound like pathetic idiots now - whatever your feelings on the proliferation of vegan food options and people who choose not to eat animal products.
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/food-and-drink/vegan-cornish-pasties-ingredients/

I think some people have worked out this is a good way of getting some cheap advertising.

Think I might go a bit “meta” and bring out some vegan gammon.

Visual advertising without the need to take a single pic. :cool:

I've been eating vegan pasties for years. No "meat" but also no fuss. It's probably worth reading Lee Trewhela's review to see how he gets in a reference to that time he saw Pixies.

I've been eating Quorn pies at home and they're rather good. 2 for £1.50 in Lidl IIRC.

quorn-vegetarian-chicken-and-leek-pies.png

Had my first today. They seem to be selling better than normal sausage rolls and steak slices in Croydon even.

If you had not have said it was vegan I would not have doubted it was a normal sausage. Not a decent sausage, but certainly that shitty kind of cardboard sausage you get in cheap sausage rolls.
Far far far less greasy than a normal sausage roll and much more pleasant. Probably a tad salty for me.
I didn't have a normal sausage roll to compare it with.

Vegan 'Cornish' pasty row.
The people shouting about their forefathers spinning in their graves really are starting to sound like pathetic idiots now - whatever your feelings on the proliferation of vegan food options and people who choose not to eat animal products.
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/food-and-drink/vegan-cornish-pasties-ingredients/

A Cornish Pasty is an EU protected thing that has to be made in Cornwall and to a certain recipe, which includes beef.

Never mind the fact that this recipe originated in Devon. Stupid fucking EU :mad:

I work in the livestock industry and I'd still love to eat something that causes Piers Morgan to have a meltdown.....

Did anyone see that twat Rees-Mogg chime in? What a fucking weirdo! Thinks it's somehow disrespectful to livestock/dairy farmers to buy one...

I'd like to clear up right now that we all eat vegetables and cereals without guilt....

On a not totally unrelated note, I just had two Gregg's cheese and onion pasties for my dinner. The best thing they sell I reckon. :thumbs:

484D01E6-B697-40F4-8642-468790500CBA.jpeg
Had a couple of these earlier, made by Fry’s, 100% vegan from Sainsbury’s.
I think they are better than Greggs vegan sausage roll. Same price £1 each but on offer today at 80p.
Very tasty.

View attachment 165239
Had a couple of these earlier, made by Fry’s, 100% vegan from Sainsbury’s.
I think they are better than Greggs vegan sausage roll. Same price £1 each but on offer today at 80p.
Very tasty.
None left in my Sainsbury's. They go really quick even when not on offer. I rather like them.
Dont buy the 'artisan' hot dogs though. They're bloody awful :(.

thought i'd post this here as didn't seem worth it's own thread and wasn't sure where else it fit in. this was announced mid last year but starts tomorrow:
The KFC Vegan Burger is arriving in UK stores this week

posted here since kfc is another large, mainstream food place adding vegan alternatives to its menu. subway has also added two proper vegan sandwiches to their menu in the past 6 months or so (a soy based spicy vegan patty i've never tried as I can't eat spicy food, and vegan "meatball" marinara which I didn't try as they've withdrawn it temporarily to improve the recipe following feedback). Previously you could just have all the salad bits in a sandwich which meant no real protein and always looked very unsatisfying.
Greggs ahead of the curve here it seems, good to see this stuff spreading further.

edit: just thought I'd have a look through the twitter feed to laugh at all the snowflakes complaining and saw someone ask if the fries are vegan - they aren't, they are cooked in the same oil as popcorn chicken. The vegan burgers are cooked separately.
also the kfc twitter people are handling the idiots nicely.

Its not cooked with the fries because it arrives precooked and just gets a blast in the microwave to warm up for the customer.

The amount of people treating it like the end of the world is amazing, is there really nothing else more important to complain about?

I tried the Greggs thing recently. I liked it so much I've eaten another.

Yesterday at Waverley station I tried one by another company. It was excellent.

I've bought a vegan cook book.

I'm sorry. I'm on the turn. Please recommend something to stop me becoming a vegan before its too late.

Help me!

Back
Top Bottom