Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, where you gonna go when this is all over ?

France - World Cup 2023. Got tickets for opening weekend in Marseilles, England and Scotland games. Costing over a grand for tickets and 2 nights in an Ibis - but will be a once in a lifetime experience and I’ve got 2 years to pay it off.

I don’t really do conventional bucket & spade holidays, never been on a city break - no one to go with when I was young, my ex refused to go anywhere, and can’t afford them now! A dream would be to go on a Lions tour (more rugby) to New Zealand or South Africa which is the best part of a decade away from happening and also would probably cost at least 5k. Cloud cuckoo land but I can dream.

I’ve got a close friend in Florida I’d love to catch up with again, she often comes to Europe in the summer. So I’ve flown over using air miles from Spain a few times. Maybe a trip over
there if it becomes possible, she’s never been to New Orleans so that would be a good road trip

I want to go to NI to see my mum, as I haven't seen her since 2017. And to see my lovely brother in law in Cork, he was diagnosed with MND last year so we are just hoping he can hang on.:(
I will have qualified for long service leave so we hope to take at least a month off, spend a few days in Singapore or Hong Kong on the way over, and maybe a week in Italy on the way back. I can't see it happening until 2023 though. In the meantime I have booked four days in a very nice hotel by the beach in Margaret River, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. :)

France - World Cup 2023. Got tickets for opening weekend in Marseilles, England and Scotland games. Costing over a grand for tickets and 2 nights in an Ibis - but will be a once in a lifetime experience and I’ve got 2 years to pay it off.

I don’t really do conventional bucket & spade holidays, never been on a city break - no one to go with when I was young, my ex refused to go anywhere, and can’t afford them now! A dream would be to go on a Lions tour (more rugby) to New Zealand or South Africa which is the best part of a decade away from happening and also would probably cost at least 5k. Cloud cuckoo land but I can dream.

My dad used to go abroad to see England cricket. He said it gave a real focus to the holiday

My dad used to go abroad to see England cricket. He said it gave a real focus to the holiday

A cricket holiday is much better than a rugby holiday. Rugby holiday will be held in the cold and wet whereas a cricket one will be held in warm sunshine in places such as the West Indies, Sri Lanka, South Africa and so on. May want to skip the matches in Pakistan though.

Day trip to York and maybe Dorchester overnight or early start day trip in August or September.

Want to climb maiden castle and generally roam Viking Jorvik

I've been idly looking at options for a few days in the French Alps/Paris/Porto/UK for New Year, partly dealing with outstanding stuff from my father's death last year.
The way things are going here in Brazil I'm not sure when us Brazilians will be allowed in anyone else's country. The most used vaccine is the Chinese one, which I don't think is approved in Europe. They are currently also using the AZ one, and there is a timetable for my age group to get it on the 22nd May, but they are now reporting production problems.
I have booked an AirBnB for a long weekend away for my birthday in August....it's only a couple of hours from Rio, so at least I have something to look forward to.

1621602557329.png

I've been idly looking at options for a few days in the French Alps/Paris/Porto/UK for New Year, partly dealing with outstanding stuff from my father's death last year.
The way things are going here in Brazil I'm not sure when us Brazilians will be allowed in anyone else's country. The most used vaccine is the Chinese one, which I don't think is approved in Europe. They are currently also using the AZ one, and there is a timetable for my age group to get it on the 22nd May, but they are now reporting production problems.
I have booked an AirBnB for a long weekend away for my birthday in August....it's only a couple of hours from Rio, so at least I have something to look forward to.

View attachment 269480

The EU is set to approve Sinovac for travellers in the next couple of weeks. What they won't accept is people coming from variant areas, so even vaccinated people won't be allowed in from India, not sure if Brazil will still be one by winter though, the UK is no longer considered one as far as the EU is concerned (cos it's all over the continent already, a Brexit export success story :hmm: )

The EU is set to approve Sinovac for travellers in the next couple of weeks. What they won't accept is people coming from variant areas, so even vaccinated people won't be allowed in from India, not sure if Brazil will still be one by winter though, the UK is no longer considered one as far as the EU is concerned (cos it's all over the continent already, a Brexit export success story :hmm: )
I keep hoping to win the lottery so I could do a 10 day quarantine in Costa Rica on the way..

I keep hoping to win the lottery so I could do a 10 day quarantine in Costa Rica on the way..

heh, to get from the EU/UK to the US isn't hasn't been allowed for a year, unless you can sit on a beach in Mexico for 2 weeks first. Sometimes I do get jealous of my customers...

heh, to get from the EU/UK to the US isn't hasn't been allowed for a year, unless you can sit on a beach in Mexico for 2 weeks first. Sometimes I do get jealous of my customers...
I’m told Costa Rica has minimal entry requirements for Brazilians so a 10 day AirBnB there would seem to be ideal….preferable to 10 days in my tiny flat in France..I could probably claim meeting the Notaire as a pressing business meeting, which France now seems to allow.

Rich Brazilians seem to be going the Mexico route to get vaccinated.

I’m amazed how many people are still travelling long haul…that there are several India/U.K. flights a day.

I’ll give it 3 months and see what’s happening. AF are not flying from here, but they have flights on the website, although they are expensive, so I guess they don’t want you to book them. If things do open up I might try to see if there are any bargains to be had between Christmas and New Year.

Fuck me how quickly things, change; Germany, Austria, Switzerland & France now consider the Indian variant present in the UK to be a serious enough threat as to close their borders to us (effectively). Meanwhile Spain will now let us in with no tests at all, which is utter stupidity.

Fuck me how quickly things, change; Germany, Austria, Switzerland & France now consider the Indian variant present in the UK to be a serious enough threat as to close their borders to us (effectively). Meanwhile Spain will now let us in with no tests at all, which is utter stupidity.
We’re what, nearly 18 months into the pandemic and still dealing with such idiotic decisions. We’ll still be here a year from now at this rate.

Seychelles

mate of mine went hiking in Aomori in the winter against all good advice, he nearly died.

You ever done the Tadami-sen?
Nope. We tend to do the kind of mountain that can be done in half a day, or cheat with the easier trails... and definitely not in the cold weather

So I'm finally taking a little holiday this week, to Italy. I really cant figure out the requirements. The locator form, fine - done... But some sites say I need a negative PCR test, others seem to indicate the NHS covid certificate is enough. Anyone have any recent experience?

Back
Top Bottom