Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, where you gonna go when this is all over ?

So I'm finally taking a little holiday this week, to Italy. I really cant figure out the requirements. The locator form, fine - done... But some sites say I need a negative PCR test, others seem to indicate the NHS covid certificate is enough. Anyone have any recent experience?

No tests needed for Italy now, just this form: EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) and your NHS Covid Certificate (print out a copy, phones can die).

If travelling to Sicily you need to do lateral flow test on arrival.

Reactions: Lea
I’m off to London tomorrow, mix of work and seeing friends. Bit anxious about getting on a plane for the time in two years! Don’t think I’ve ever been so thoroughly prepared for a trip the day before

Before Covid, I used to nip to the continent whenever the impulse took me, for a weekend or even a day trip.

Then it all changed. Fortunately, it didn't decrease my ability to go to work, or I'd have gone doolally by now -- well, probably during the first lockdown, to be honest. But there was all the overtime my little heart could desire, even if I had to go to the Other Site now and again. The first time I was there I made a joke about how this would probably be as close as I'd get to a foreign holiday for the rest of the year. I should have learnt by my advanced age not to make jokes. It was as close as I got to a foreign holiday for the rest of the year.

Then 2021 dawned, and there was a song in my heart, as I got double-vaxxed in the full expectation of going abroad. I was planning a longer stay, because I didn't want to waste it. Ireland, where I'd never been, but had been saying I wanted to go for nearly half a century? Austria, or Germany, where I'd been in my dim and distant youth? Or somewhere totally different?

But the more I heard from people who had ventured abroad, it was all a terrible faff, and then there was no guarantee that there would be much happening at the other end of the journey, even if it was technically allowed. It just didn't sound like it would be enjoyable, and if it wasn't, what was the point?

In the end, my grand international plans turned into a day trip to Doncaster. Yes, I know.

No tests needed for Italy now, just this form: EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) and your NHS Covid Certificate (print out a copy, phones can die).

If travelling to Sicily you need to do lateral flow test on arrival.

Made it through. All very chilled except they make you wear a hardcore mask, my little floral number didn't cut it. Quite a few people legging it to the mask vending machine just before take off.

Went to Vienna at the weekend.

No PCR or LFT needed. FFP2 masks are required and there is 100% adherence on public transport. Restaurants etc scan your vaccination pass when you go in.

The rules were changing at the weekend but the UK gov website didn't have a clue what the changes were

I'm off to Montenegro for Easter where I'll encounter slightly less mainstream views on the war.

Beautiful place. Even Podgorica has a certain charm. Well, I had hoped we would return to Albania first, but my wife has put her foot down and we're off to Sicily in October for a week.

Got an urbex road trip in a month that will meander down to possibly Albania but let’s see how it goes. Might pop into some places I know of in Hungary. Plenty of trashed austro-Hungarian detritus around the place

I'm looking at going to Australia for 3-4 weeks later in the year. Hopefully might be able to visit New Zealand too by then.

I would go to Australia and NZ if I won the lottery. The flight time from UK to Australia would kill me now, so I would go in four hour hops, staying at each 'hop' for a week or two.

I intend to go to Lithuania towards the end of summer. There's also a friend who wants to go somewhere in autumn, maybe Venice, so we'll see if we can work something out. Travelling felt like a terrible idea for a while, now it feels merely like a very bad idea.

I intend to go to Lithuania towards the end of summer. There's also a friend who wants to go somewhere in autumn, maybe Venice, so we'll see if we can work something out. Travelling felt like a terrible idea for a while, now it feels merely like a very bad idea.
vilnius is very nice, the two things that stand out for me from when i was there 30 years :eek: ago were a courtyard i saw as i passed it in a tram and this statue of death i saw in the st peter and paul church there
1651324176632.png

vilnius is very nice, the two things that stand out for me from when i was there 30 years :eek: ago were a courtyard i saw as i passed it in a tram and this statue of death i saw in the st peter and paul church there

I'm from Vilnius and I'm pretty sure we don't have trams there! Actually, I've just looked it up (thought maybe I just managed to miss it - not impossible) and we haven't had one since the horse-drawn trams that ran until the 1920s. Could you be thinking of another city? The church does exist though, I haven't been to it in ages but now I'll have to go and find this statue of death. It makes me think of liches in the computer game Heroes of Might and Magic III:
iu

UK tour. East Sussex to see my niece. Cornwall, maybe Wales too, pop up the road to the Peak District as bussing it up there seems to go against the rules currently.
Festivals, so many festivals
Rock City, Nottingham to see a band, preferably The Wildhearts or Therapy?, lose my voice, buy too much merch and be grinning like an idiot the next few days.
Japan
Seattle and other parts of the States
France

Top 3 are so-so easy to manage but number 4 might just swallow up all the funding so the last 2 will go on the back burner. I should really practice my Japanese a bit more than my French :hmm:
Been to see my niece, most recently in February.

I've been to Wales, albeit briefly, so that's nicely ticked off the list.

I've got Bearded Theory festival next month and I worked at one last year.

I won't get to see The Wildhearts for a while, possibly ever as they're on one of their infamous hiatuses but I did see Therapy? a few weeks ago at Rock City. Remembered ear plugs, lost my voice, bought a t-shirt, nearly bought a used cymbal.

I've not managed to book anything French or Japanese yet but I did have a wicked visit to Iceland. The more I think about it, the happier I am so will attach beautiful photo when this ruddy phone lets me.

More plans for travels on the horizon including a return visit to Iceland later in the year, possibly for a festival there.

Attachments

• IMG_20220421_181713.jpg
    IMG_20220421_181713.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 4
See you at Bearded. :thumbs:

I have seven festivals lined up this year, making up for lost time. There's another couple I'd like to do.
Indeed! We'll have to organise the urb meet up that dissolves into 2 of us meeting and the rest turning up on the wrong day, time or place :D

I've got a few more festivals I'd like to do but I've just started a new job so I have to tread carefully with time off. Tim Burgess is putting one on not too far from Derby and Nottingham and Sheffield have a smattering. I might get further afield this year if I'm lucky aside from Iceland one.

I have two English friends living in France who I haven't seen for a while.

I prefer to drive to France but I doubt I will get breakdown cover because my car is too old. It is putting me off more than covid actually.

I'm from Vilnius and I'm pretty sure we don't have trams there! Actually, I've just looked it up (thought maybe I just managed to miss it - not impossible) and we haven't had one since the horse-drawn trams that ran until the 1920s. Could you be thinking of another city? The church does exist though, I haven't been to it in ages but now I'll have to go and find this statue of death. It makes me think of liches in the computer game Heroes of Might and Magic III:
iu
No definitely Vilnius but looking back might have been a trolley bus, bunked the fare anyway

Back
Top Bottom