Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, where you gonna go when this is all over ?

Here's a challenge for someone, from the wreckage of 2020 I've got:
£195 Wizzair vouchers (they don't fly to Munich!)
£17 Eurostar voucher
3 nights voucher for a hotel in Munich

How do I tie it together for a weeks trip urban?
(thinking autumn '21, fingaz crossed & would like to start with a Eurostar train from Ldn if they haven't gone bust by then)

Wtf is £17 from?

Wizzair flies to Vienna , which isn’t a million miles from Munich.

If the Munich hotel is part of a chain will they let you redeem it at another property?

I was thinking of doing some bikepacking in Slovenia but now I feel like ditching the job and cycling across Europe

Me too. I'd like to think Rotterdam to Portugal is possible in the 90 day window with a stop off in Germany to have my tattoos finished.

Also walking in the Pyrenees and to see a mate who's teaching in Vietnam.

Last February just as things started looking bad I was about to buy a ticket to Istanbul to hitchike back but can't see people giving lifts to randoms for a while.

Wtf is £17 from?

Wizzair flies to Vienna , which isn’t a million miles from Munich.

If the Munich hotel is part of a chain will they let you redeem it at another property?
Thanks for the tip. Yes perhaps it doesn't all fit together very well. Maybe a few days in both cities.
Not sure how i've come to have £17 from Eurostar, perhaps it was part refund. Still plenty of months to think about it i'm sure.

SE London, haven't seen mum-tat for over a year, and have been too far away from the river for too long (it isn't the same west of teddington)

have very provisionally got a bus related event to put on in somerset in may, but not at all convinced it's going to happen.

have even had some vague thoughts of a bit of european travel again (think my passport lapsed 8 or 9 years ago) but the mood may pass...

Thanks for the tip. Yes perhaps it doesn't all fit together very well. Maybe a few days in both cities.
Not sure how i've come to have £17 from Eurostar, perhaps it was part refund. Still plenty of months to think about it i'm sure.

Heh, just been told that my Eurostar voucher has been extended until the end of the year. I had no idea I had one, seems it is for £59.50, so Christ knows what's going on there!

if you can get to Rose on the lustica penninsula, there are some really good seafood resturants on the bay. very narrow roads tho'. no german euro slabs will make it. plenty of urbex around there but its probably not yer thing

if you can get to Rose on the lustica penninsula, there are some really good seafood resturants on the bay. very narrow roads tho'. no german euro slabs will make it. plenty of urbex around there but its probably not yer thing
Nice one. I'm planning to drive around the bay so I'll fit Rose in then. Any other recs?

just pootle about and be prepared to pull up wherever you can see a bunch of cars at the side of the road as the locals know where to to get the best sea time., parking is a nightmare in the towns in summer tho as russians and serbs blast down for the season. dip into Skhodra in Albania if you get the chance

Nice one. I'm planning to drive around the bay so I'll fit Rose in then. Any other recs?
I'd love to go back to Montenegro, it's so cheap and easy going.
If you happen to be passing through Podgorica the concrete church near the station is incredible.
Strange even from the outside but on entering it's like you're on a Star Wars set.
DSCN0168.JPG

Last edited:
Back to the UK. We moved to Portugal almost exactly a year ago and haven’t made it back. Need to see elderly MIL, pack up and ship all our house stuff - which needs to be done before November or we will get hit with post fucking Brexit massive duties, and very very hopefully be bridesmaid at best friends now twice delayed wedding.

Peterborough to Oakham via the Hereward Way and then north to the Humber along the Viking Way.
It's looking more and more that UK holidays are the way to go this year. Interesting piece in Private Eye this week about how the EU hasn't got it together with vaccine travel permits because France & Germany are still way behind on supply and roll out. The "Club Med" countries may make their own arrangements like Cyprus has.

I really want to go back to Indonesia. I'm thinking possibly in 2023 at the moment.

Some trips around the UK as soon as it's legal.

I booked cheap flights to Paris about a year ago on the understanding that they were so cheap that I could afford to lose them. They're in August. I'm starting to feel a little bit excited, but not excited enough to book any accommodation yet. Still time for it to go tits up.

My parents are trying to move down here so that'll be my first concern.

Southend
Bristol
Poland

Boyfriend and best friend are in Southend and Bristol, and my cousin's wedding is planned for August in Poland. Still a bit doubtful if it can go ahead and/or if it will be feasible for us to travel without quarantine requirements, but I am thinking that it might be possible.
B/f has suggested to make a holiday of it, going to Krakow, the wedding in the Giant Mountains and on to Prague. Current covid situation in Poland and in the Czech Republic less than ideal though; difficult to predict if it's going to be "all over" enough come August...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom