Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So it begins, ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know much about him?

This one looks impressive. I know people get frustrated when other clubs are announcing glamorous new arrivals but it's who we've got in 8 weeks time that will matter.

I've knocked up a spreadsheet to track confirmed signings for all clubs in our division, I'll try to link it when I've updated it this evening.

Absolutely cracking signing.

Really impressive signing, he must enjoy working with Hakan, as he could do a job for a lower end National League side.

I remember Jerome from his days in the Palace set-up, a player I thought had real potential. Never quite made it, but he has an impressive CV and still only 28 (and a Croydon boy, so always a plus in my book).

Statement signing for the Isthmian League, but the top of the table is going to be really competitive.

I love Friday nights, however some Fridays are better than ever and tonight is up there with the best, yes I already knew, however OFFICIAL is OFFICIAL, we can all breath a sigh of relief @DulwichHamletFC now, the 🤡 has gone, 🤡🤡🤡😂😎onwards and upwards 😎👚👕👚👕👚👕😎

Porter is not everyone’s cup of tea, which is fair enough, but personally was my Player of the Season. I resent the description of him as a clown, he has conducted himself with the utmost professionalism over the last few weeks, the only player to call Hak regularly, including first thing Sunday morning after Chippenham to apologise. There are players, who I won’t name, that were adored by fans over a number of seasons who did not answer any of Hakan’s phone calls and decided to just go elsewhere without talking to him. Porter was not one of those.

Yes his moaning rubbed people the wrong way, he’s a Marmite player in that regard, however, all three managers started him week in and week out, he was the top scorer in the side despite not playing through the middle mostly, and along with Sanchez, was easily our best player under Hak. Crucial winner against Havant, and equaliser against Hungerford in those last few weeks.

Joe Felix missed more games through suspension for striking an opponent, yet that was never held against him, and Porter had good fitness too, playing in 45 of our 53 games, only Mills and Felix played more.

Just my two pennies worth, not asking people to agree with me, just I really dislike some of the over the top trolling from some people about him.

I take your point Tom, however the Red card at Hungerford is unforgivable in retrospect and could have, no one will ever know, cost us the relegation. Why swear at a linesman and we all know what he said in the 100th minute of a game, inexcusable.

A yellow card sitting on the bench at Hemel Hempstead for abusing the officials, the referee then gives a mysterious Free kick which leads to the corner that leads to the goal, costing us 2 points.

I could go on, we love Dulwich Hamlet as much as anyone, Porter brought Dulwich Hamlet into disrespect with the officials in my opinion, how you can champion and endorse a player that disrespects match officials that often is not right, s very poor example to watching youngsters, is that the image Dulwich Hamlet want to encourage.

When we coached youngsters, dissent of match officials was not tolerated, I can condone players doing that, hence I found Porter Disrespectful for his on field activities and his attitude playing the “ Clown “.

For me laughing and joking in the bar after getting relegated when the Chairman and his manager were distraught barely 10 feet away is unforgivable in my eyes.

Just my view from someone that wants the best for Dulwich Hamlet on and off the field and to be represented with “ Honesty, Dignity and Integrity” as Hak has called for.

Tell me I’m wrong
Steve

Not disagreeing that he let us down by being suspended, I was as disappointed and angry that we didn’t have a crucial player available for the last game. And yes, his moaning was irritating, but he’s not the first player in recent times to do that, in fact a player you championed on Twitter in David Ijaha used to do it all the time, right in the referees face.

I don’t agree with abuse of the officials, but I’d also say that Raymond, Kresh, Blackman, Vint, Wood and even Sanchez probably were as bad if not worse in some cases, with Kresh and Andre also receiving straight reds during the season for it, so I’d say it was a culture problem for the entire team last season and not just one player.

The free kick at Hemel was nothing to do with the yellow for Porter which I can say from watching it back several times, so that argument doesn’t hold for me.

In regards to the Honesty, Dignity and Integrity, as I said in my previous post, Porter has had all those things since the season ended, Hak was full of praise when I have spoken to him on the many occasions in the last few weeks of how he has conducted himself, and really wanted to keep him for next season, so he also must have thought he had those qualities too. Again I repeat, there were players that left before him that a lot of fans have adored who have acted incredibly disrespectfully towards Hak and the club.

The players pretty much all disgraced themselves after that game and on their night out afterwards, but as I also said, Porter called Hak the next morning to apologise. No other player did.

We all have different opinions, you and I have had many excellent conversations on him this season, but that’s just the game we both love. You can be happy he’s gone, I can be disappointed, but ultimately we now move on and look at those players we are bringing in. See you soon mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom