Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

• Total voters

Orang Utan

Psychick Worrier Ov Geyoor
Well?
Also, is it a burning issue or a sideshow designed to deflect our attention from them shafting the poor?

Tories like to cheer as the (anything with a heart) defenceless are torn to bits.
They have always liked laying down the law and if they can make money while they do it, so much the better.
New Labour bring up the rear on donkey(jacket)back.

friends and family, back home used to use dogs to kill foxes that were killing lambs and other animals that they managed.
Since the law changed, they now only shoot at foxes, which a lot of the time leaves the animal injured and to die over hours or days, instead.
Where as the posh twunts on horses still seem to carry on as ever.

It seems like the law needs changing.

No, for the same reason we don't decriminalise dog fighting or bear baiting or whatever other bloodthirsty activities our ancestors participated in.

In essence I don't see much difference from fox hunting to shooting and fishing. I don't quite understand how the line has been drawn between the different pastimes.

Look up Fleetstreetfox for pretty much my views on foxhunting. It is imho barbaric and pointless. She's a writer for the mirror mostly, i'm not linking because it normally annoys someone and diverts debates.

they are just not as barbaric methods, why can't you see that?

pastimes, fucks sake

As a child I went on mackerel fishing trip. You drop the line in the sea, pull it back out, get the fish off the hook by whipping it and then leave the mackerel to suffocate in the boat.

Also, most of the meat that we eat has had a life long miserable existence before arriving on our plate.

pasttimes / lunch, fucks sake.

they are just not as barbaric methods, why can't you see that?

pastimes, fucks sake
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. People actually risk a beating from a load of toffs just to rescue one mangy cur. They should pick their battles better.

Look up Fleetstreetfox for pretty much my views on foxhunting. It is imho barbaric and pointless. She's a writer for the mirror mostly, i'm not linking because it normally annoys someone and diverts debates.
Well she would say that wouldn't she? She's hardly impartial.

No, for the same reason we don't decriminalise dog fighting or bear baiting or whatever other bloodthirsty activities our ancestors participated in.

Plenty of dog fighting still going on, sadly, even though it's been illegal for ages. Fox hunting should have been banned at the same time, but it's hard to escape the conclusion that it had a get-out clause in the shape of being something enjoyed by the wealthy, 'respectable' and well connected. Of course the ban shouldn't be lifted now. If anything it should be tightened up.

During the debates over the initial ban one person I found myself agreeing with for pretty much the only time was Anne Widdecombe. I remember her on Question Time one night doing a very good job of taking apart all of the pro-hunting arguments and rounding off by saying, 'If we're honest the only reason to go hunting is to have a nice ride, and there are plenty of ways to do that which don't involve tearing foxes apart with dogs.'

Still, I can't quite get worked up about a fox being hunted, but I can get worked up about IDS shafting the fuck out of the poor abd telling people to save for their sick pay. This is what matters, not some toffs chasing a scabby canine.

Reactions: tim
Still, I can't quite get worked up about a fox being hunted, but I can get worked up about IDS shafting the fuck out of the poor abd telling people to save for their sick pay. This is what matters, not some toffs chasing a scabby canine.

I agree there are bigger issues out there, but you surely can't condone a bunch of tweed-jacketed toffs ripping animals apart for the 'fun' of it, can you?

I agree there are bigger issues out there, but you surely can't condone a bunch of tweed-jacketed toffs ripping animals apart for the 'fun' of it, can you?
I'm not condoning it. I think they are odious. But I think their actions are a sideshow.

May as well legalise bear baiting and dog fighting then, eh?

As for lunch, when did you last eat fox? Or fox hound for that matter? What happens to all those that don't make the mark during cubbing? What about when they 'retire' after a few years?

I've got no time for fox hunting. It probably should remain banned, but I've been trying to get my head around it.

Is there a huge difference between hunting and / or eating animals. You can thrive without doing either. Somehow it seems more noble to have had a life before being hunted, than to have not known what it is to live anything near a natural life. What's done to animal after it dies seems less important.

I'm not trying to argue a particular point, more trying to work out if I should be enraged by fox hunting.

Back
Top Bottom