Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
How about if said medical procedure means society isn’t ravaged by a deadly virus?

Sure, that's the tradeoff I mentioned in the second bit isn't it. At the moment though I'm not sure that particular one is on offer though is it - 100% vaccination (less those with genuine medical exemptions) wouldn't necessarily eliminate the virus.

Personally I'm a bit torn on this as these twats are really pissing me off, but even allowing for that compulsory medical treatment for all is not a step to be taken lightly.

Sure, that's the tradeoff I mentioned in the second bit isn't it. At the moment though I'm not sure that particular one is on offer though is it - 100% vaccination (less those with genuine medical exemptions) wouldn't necessarily eliminate the virus.

Personally I'm a bit torn on this as these twats are really pissing me off, but even allowing for that compulsory medical treatment for all is not a step to be taken lightly.
Yeh soz you said as much.

Who knows what moral quandaries this could lead to. Hopefully nothing beyond what is already happening.

Other than medical reasons I cannot fathom a single moral or intellectual argument in support of refusing it. Not one, and I’ve tried to consider them, really tried. That’s why I’ve always associated their position with a kind of degeneracy.
Someone I know is not taking it because of their position in support of animal rights, which I guess I can respect even if I thin they are foolish not to and their assessment of the risk to them is possibly flawed (they has a mild case of Delta and don't think they are at risk of bad case).

I'm beginning to change my mind, for two main reasons...

1. I want life to get back to normal now, this shit with masks, lock downs etc is horrible and if the only way we can get rid if it is by mandatory vaccines and / or vaccine passport restrictions for the unvaccinated .. then we should do that.

2. I've had to have it, plus boosters, in order to keep my job. There is huge support for this across society, and tbh this has greatly affected my sympathy for personal freedom in this regard. As far as I'm concerned, if i have to have it then everyone can have it.

So yeah, sorry. I'm beginning to think we should just mandate it now for everyone without a genuine doctor's note, and maybe in a year or so we can have all our lives back.

War it is then

I thought I was hulk? Or am i Conan?

In any case, bring on the vaccine wars. Time to clear out dead wood.

It means they'll be blood on the streets. The anger that forced vaccination will generate will be uncontainable.
I'm on record here as being against mandatory vaccination, either generally or for those in particular areas like health or social care, and that's at least in part because I think it will/would be counter-productive.

But this sort of thing is nonsensical hyper bollocks and simply makes you look like a loon.

I'm on record here as being against mandatory vaccination, either generally or for those in particular areas like health or social care, and that's at least in part because I think it will/would be counter-productive.

But this sort of thing is nonsensical hyper bollocks and simply makes you look like a loon.

I'll be proven correct if we ever get to that point, sadly.

• Haha
Reactions: LDC
The topic of the thread is literally about whether vaccines should be mandatory.

Someone said they were more in favour of mandatory vaccines and/or passes now, and you responded with 'war it is' and 'blood in the streets'. Hilariously over-dramatic snowflake nonsense. Do you get this incensed about childhood vaccination?

Someone said they were more in favour of mandatory vaccines and/or passes now, and you responded with 'war it is' and 'blood in the streets'. Hilariously over-dramatic snowflake nonsense.

You underestimate the discontentment out there. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think so.

You underestimate the discontentment out there. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think so.
so you propose a war between the people who have protection against this disease and people who don't. one thing about war, it means people mingling whether in units, in barracks, on the battlefield, in hospitals. don't you think that people fighting the vaxxed and the virus are going to come off somewhat the worse in this scenario as variant after variant rips through their unprotected systems?

Well mandatory vacciniation in the care industry, has lead to some principaled professionals walking away, and holes in the care that is provided. Whether these holes have lead to deaths I do not know. Talking to someone the other day, (jabbed as am I) who said It will result in an Equal Opputunities court case (which will be down the line) but I hope they win. Can't be easy to walk from a worthwhile (if under valued) career. He also said way forward in that sector was to ask the question of vacination during the interview process. I agree with that too.

so you propose a war between the people who have protection against this disease and people who don't. one thing about war, it means people mingling whether in units, in barracks, on the battlefield, in hospitals. don't you think that people fighting the vaxxed and the virus are going to come off somewhat the worse in this scenario as variant after variant rips through their unprotected systems?

Where did I "propose" anything?

Well, given that vaccine or negative tests passes are coming in very soon we can see if that's some kind of taste of the social upheaval and rioting and looting to come. Or whether it'll just be a few loons getting incensed on social media and selfish blokes moaning to each other in pubs across the land about how it's 'basically like Nazi Germany now.'

I'm not sure it'd be 'war', but, like it or not, mandatory vaccination is a different level.

I've had all the jabs going btw, before anyone jumps on me for being a 'loon' which seems to be a slightly unfortunate new fashion around here.

Back
Top Bottom