Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's changing. I had to have Hep vaccines in the past as condition of work in the NHS (no idea if it was compulsory or not, everybody just gets them) and most jobs have checked my general other vaccine status as part of the application process (and HIV and Hep infection status) but there's never been any problems as I've had them all as I'm not a loon. So I don't know if I hadn't had them it would have been an issue.

I have applied for a new NHS job in the last 6 weeks and they aksed for proof of covid vaccination, so take form that what you will.
Just as an aside, I got the booster some weeks back but didn't get a card with batch number and date on, I hope no one asks me to prove it because all I could show them would be the appointment text on my phone

I filled in the online NHS form and got a letter proving vaccination status through the post really quickly. Although I'm not expecting to need it, it's only for venues of over 500 people iirc. I haven't been to a venue that big for decades!

Booster dose wasn't on it, but guess it might be eventually.

On balance, yes. But it’s a tricky balance. How about you?

Same, a reluctant yes - although a part of me is also 'fuck's sake it's just a jab, grow the fuck up and have it and shut up moaning you self obsessed weirdo'.

It could have been dealt with much better much earlier, but pragmatically now it's probably the best thing. Although it's probably not too late to do it better, they just probably won't....

I just fired up my NHS app to get my COVID pass and apparently it expires on 13th Jan 2022 7.42pm :hmm:
Not that I plan to go anywhere ...

Vaccinated 20th Feb, 8th May, Nov 15th ...

Typically gracious in receipt of information I see. +1 post from you though, which is all you care about.
Here's a tip: don't boast about providing information when it's already been posted by someone else, in this case lynndoylecooper's 274. As for the dull digs about my postcount if I wanted to boost it as you suggest I'd be on the word association or drop one keep one threads all day long. You haven't designed to offer your view on the thread topic, mandatory vaccinations, yet. Don't think you have one, you just dived in to have a boring dig

Here's a tip: don't boast about providing information when it's already been posted by someone else, in this case lynndoylecooper's 274. As for the dull digs about my postcount if I wanted to boost it as you suggest I'd be on the word association or drop one keep one threads all day long. You haven't designed to offer your view on the thread topic, mandatory vaccinations, yet. Don't think you have one, you just dived in to have a boring dig

The information I provided was in post 272. Subsequent posts were just in reply to yours.

Just tried to help. But the only way I helped was boosting your post count.

You are still a tiresome waste of oxygen.

I just fired up my NHS app to get my COVID pass and apparently it expires on 13th Jan 2022 7.42pm :hmm:
Not that I plan to go anywhere ...

Vaccinated 20th Feb, 8th May, Nov 15th ...
Yes I noticed the same. Why is there an expiry date?

Eta I was impressed that the booster was showing though.

Yes I noticed the same. Why is there an expiry date?

Eta I was impressed that the booster was showing though.
All I got was a giant QR code - it didn't say whether that expiry date is based on my booster ...

EDIT - no I lied - it shows all three jabs.

Last edited:
I don’t think ‘mandatory vaccine’ means holding people down and forcibly injecting them against their will.

I understood it to mean that people would be unable to attend or travel to certain places without showing proof of being vaccinated (or proof of a recent negative test). That may or may not include being a condition of employment in certain jobs.

As far as medical / care staff refusing the jab, I liken it to registry office staff who refuse to conduct gay marriages - you knew the job would entail this, if your religious or other principles are so opposed to gay marriage you shouldn’t have taken the job in the first place.

Are medical / care worker staff told at the interview or job offer stage that they may be required to have certain vaccinations?
Genuine question BTW, I don’t know the answer.
I had to see that registrar in Petersfield as part to dowhen I was getting married. Fortunately had nothing to do with actual wedding. Felt more like she worked for the home off ice than anything else.

All I got was a giant QR code - it didn't say whether that expiry date is based on my booster ...
Yes, I got the big qr code and the expiry date was above it.

But (seperately) I was surprised the booster had been entered , was just expecting it to be lost in the ether. All 3 jabs were under 'acute short term medicines'. The big qr and expiry date page made no reference to jabs.

No other medical info on the app for me at all, I'm not sure if it should be or not, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Isn't it compulsory to get various vaccines to travel to some places? I am thinking of things like yellow fever and the like?

I don't mind if covid vaccination is required for frontline care or NHS work.

So I guess I am halfway to thinking it should be mandatory for everyone. Halfway only mind.

You say that. But I bet there'd be legal challenges to such a law.
Absolutely there will but it would be on the basis of the Government has acted illegally (this particular shower have form for that) without involving Parliament, quite possibly they would lose as well. But the Govt has the advantage that it could then pass a bill through Parliament altering the law and making it legal (got form for that as well)

Back
Top Bottom