Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Charlie had his annual vet check up and vaccinations today. Casually mentioning about the rather bad drool problem that has developed over the past few months, vet takes a peek in his mouth, discovers 2 fucking MASSIVE bits of plaque on 2 of his top side teeth, one either side. He just popped them off (ouch?) and is hopeful it might solve most of the dribbling (and some of the bad breath). All in all, it was a good trip for Charlie. Not a bum thermometer in sight.

A couple of older photos:

0d54fb5c51bc11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

c0494ae851b611e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Our vet made us 'flick' some plaque from one of Mr. K's teeth once. "It's easy" she said.

Yeah, for a vet! We ended up with shredded forearms and days of that cat look which means "You have betrayed my furry trust. Again"

LOL. Your vet must be a psychopath to suggest that. :D

The ewes are Lleyns crossed with a Wiltshire horn. The lambs are a second cross to another shedding ram of my colleagues making. The lambs should shed their fleeces like Wiltshire horns do, but mostly lack horns.
Lurvley sheep! Are they good for spinning?

I had a guinea pig called Gethin (Griff's predecessor). Great name for any creature.
2849797550_907dc4cdc4.jpg

Charlie had his annual vet check up and vaccinations today. Casually mentioning about the rather bad drool problem that has developed over the past few months, vet takes a peek in his mouth, discovers 2 fucking MASSIVE bits of plaque on 2 of his top side teeth, one either side. He just popped them off (ouch?) and is hopeful it might solve most of the dribbling (and some of the bad breath). All in all, it was a good trip for Charlie. Not a bum thermometer in sight.

A couple of older photos:

0d54fb5c51bc11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

c0494ae851b611e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg
[/quote

What's Charlie reading?

Oh, the tooth plaque thing - vet did the same with Herbs when we took him in and discovered he had fleas (oh the shame) a couple years ago :)mad: bloody filthy people who lived there before who didn't look after their cat.) Thought he'd pulled a tooth it was that huge! Gah!

Lurvley sheep! Are they good for spinning?

I had a guinea pig called Gethin (Griff's predecessor). Great name for any creature.
2849797550_907dc4cdc4.jpg

I'm afraid not - Wilts Horns are 'hairsheep' and shed their fleece naturally - it means they get flystruck less, but the 'wool' is coarser and more like hair. I have wooled sheep, but shearing them is kind of a loss-making enterprise.

Nigel's currently sitting on my lap whilst I work at my desk. She's only started doing it this week (it's not really a cat-appropriate space).

Best feeling ever, mind :D
Miss that lots, especially as Herbie started getting more cuddly with me towards the end (which to be fair, was probably down to him being ill!)

Here he is somewhat camera shy.

awwwwwwwwwww at meeep

and are you sure the middle photo isn't the result of a hangover from drinking your beer in the third picture? :p

Nigel's currently sitting on my lap whilst I work at my desk. She's only started doing it this week (it's not really a cat-appropriate space).

Best feeling ever, mind :D

cat cuddliness is in inverse proportion to the temperature outside - it's a well known law of cat physics...

Wow!
Psychedelic parsley. Life just doesn't get much better.:cool:

Too too cute and wouldn't a kitten just complete the awesomeness.:)

Reactions: CRI
I have learned a lot about guinea pigs from this thread.

The only pinnygig I had met previously was a class pet at primary school, and all he did was sleep, occasionally wake up and mooch a bit, eat a bit, meep faintly, and then go back to sleep.

Which always seemed kinda dull. The gerbils, by comparison did dig tunnels in the sawdust, run around, shred bog roll middles and sleep in a gerbil pile.

On reflection he was probably depressed - living in a pretty small cage and getting poked with ILEA pencils by scruffy 10 year olds is probably enough to make anyone depressed...

Back
Top Bottom