Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Not a photo, but a sweet anecdote. Jangles has evidently worked out the funny thing over kidda's foot is because it's poorly, so she's now taken to licking the toes on her gammy foot in the morning. She must be trying to help / wants to make it better. Bless her cotton socks.

For a cat, she's very loyal and loving. :D

Lil ophelia died last night :( The antibiotics I got a couple of weeks ago for her respiratory problem worked for a while but I had a feeling it would come back. I would have liked her to go nicely at the vets, but her final decline was really rapid. Yesterday afternoon she just had a rattle in her chest which is not unusual for her. By the time she was struggling it was already evening and the vets had closed :(

Just a lil rattie but a very sweet one :) Some of her cheekier moments:

oph1.jpg

oph2.jpg

oph3.jpg

oph4.jpg

Just had a phone call a couple of hours ago from Dave at Ferret Help. "Can you help with a rescue?" I want to say "no" but I say "yes". "We just want you to pick him up..." "...OK" "Can you look after him for a while and assess him?" I know what that means. I have two ferrets "Bill" and "Ben" who I've been "assessing" since December. B&B are now "technically just fosters". Great wee boys but they still haven't integrated properly with our six. Leave them all out together there will be squeakings and poor old Loki gets picked on while Flapjack stamps his little feet at them. OK we're almost there. But it's been 8 months.

Dave, it should be said, has capacity for 50 ferrets and he now has over 100.

So now I have a new ferret. He's a great lad. Large, heavily built and full of beans. I didn't really get the story, but he has been neglected. However it seems somebody has been looking after him well at some point, he's well behaved, uses a litter tray, easy to handle, doesn't bite and walks/gallops to heal on the lead. Looking at his teeth he is young - probably two or three years old. But now I have two groups again - two cages two play times. Not to mention another bum to clean up after. Grrrr.

I've just taken him out for gallop in the park. I was out an hour and he was running all the time. I can hear him upstairs now rattling on his cage bars. He's an energetic little mite.

Maybe photographs later. I'll try to post up Mr. Badger and family's photos too.

Aw thanks guys. Really miss her tonight. I just hope her sister will be ok on her own because I can't really commit to another few years of rats right now.

Just had a phone call a couple of hours ago from Dave at Ferret Help. "Can you help with a rescue?" I want to say "no" but I say "yes". "We just want you to pick him up..." "...OK" "Can you look after him for a while and assess him?" I know what that means. I have two ferrets "Bill" and "Ben" who I've been "assessing" since December. B&B are now "technically just fosters". Great wee boys but they still haven't integrated properly with our six. Leave them all out together there will be squeakings and poor old Loki gets picked on while Flapjack stamps his little feet at them. OK we're almost there. But it's been 8 months.

Dave, it should be said, has capacity for 50 ferrets and he now has over 100.

So now I have a new ferret. He's a great lad. Large, heavily built and full of beans. I didn't really get the story, but he has been neglected. However it seems somebody has been looking after him well at some point, he's well behaved, uses a litter tray, easy to handle, doesn't bite and walks/gallops to heal on the lead. Looking at his teeth he is young - probably two or three years old. But now I have two groups again - two cages two play times. Not to mention another bum to clean up after. Grrrr.

I've just taken him out for gallop in the park. I was out an hour and he was running all the time. I can hear him upstairs now rattling on his cage bars. He's an energetic little mite.

Maybe photographs later. I'll try to post up Mr. Badger and family's photos too.

Where abouts are you? I know someone who's a ferret fanatic and might be interested in rescuing in future.

(((Smmudge))) + (((Ophelia)))

My freinds rat became a bit more somber after losing its partner, but still seemed to have a lot of fun, it just needed a bit more attention.

As far as I can tell my cat & house is flea free, although the cat still seems to be grooming a bit, but im wondering if her coat is thickening up for winter, she tends to groom a lot around this time of year. She also threw up on my feet when I was asleep last night..

In addition I discovered the existence of chimera cats yesterday. WANT!
391411_279904972122594_359133431_n-e1345735381206.jpg

She's down near gatwick.........

I could probably put her in touch with people, down that way. My other half knows the ferret world pretty well - she's on all these ferret forums on the internet. There's unwanted ferrets all over the country.

I could probably put her in touch with people, down that way. My other half knows the ferret world pretty well - she's on all these ferret forums on the internet. There's unwanted ferrets all over the country.

Ill ask her if she's interested. I think her 2 are getting on a bit.

I wish I so wish we'd had a camera this morning at about 5.00am

I'm sort of half awake on my side of the bed (2 pillows)

Izz is on her side - again 2 pillows

Both sets of pillows are pushed together at the centre of the bed

And Bobbie Boo is resting his head on my pillow, stretched down between the two of us - izz has got her arm wrapped around him in a protective cuddle and he's purring his head off

This is an improvement on last year when he used to go to sleep at the top of the bed still on my pillow but I'd almost be wearing him on my head like a hat - but it's not autumn yet and the cats seems to be preparing for a long cold winter

DECE62A6-482E-43E1-AA85-19F8502342B4-809-000001221AA805A0.jpg

My final pic of posh cat.
Luckily I'm now looking after 2 nice friendly cats. I shall try and get pic later.

Reactions: CRI
Back
Top Bottom