Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Well Meep does seem to have the tell-tale hairy ears :D We got Stan from Cat's Protection, and he turned out to be a posh Siberian.
His fur is definately becoming thicker and he has the same white bib as your lovely and very posh Stan. I don't think Meeep is very posh though. The place I got him from was utterly minging.

Griff's been a bit under the weather lately. Couple weeks ago, I took him to the vet with suspected cystitis (he's a bit prone to that) and he got anti-inflammatories, which seemed to do the trick. But, middle of last week, he picked up a tummy bug - was farting like the clappers. He's been on prebiotics and is better now, but I didn't want to chance leaving him at the Boarders, just in case it flared up again. Why does this always happen when I'm about to go away? Anyhow, he and Mal have gone home with the vet, who's a "pig man." Nothing like having their own personal physician.

Here they are wandering around last night. Okay, Mal did most of the wandering. Griff sat looking cute and gormless, as usual. (Already missing them :(.)

8091310736_47928db805.jpg
8091305149_c43d4fff12.jpg

8091322336_ba9fca60f8.jpg
8091324270_5beb781e93.jpg

8091285425_9e81c7e7d8.jpg
8091632614_860ba6ec80.jpg

View attachment 24038View attachment 24039

this is pepper, who came to live with me on saturday. she's six months old, and very friendly and purry, and seems to be settling in well.
she has a ridiculously fluffy tail, which makes her look part squirrel, and ridiculously tufty ears, which makes her look part owl (imo). so far, her favourite things seem to be sleeping in unexpected places*, trying to eat receipts, sticking her head up sleeves and purring like a small motorbike.

she is absolutely lovely :)

* i spent about ten minutes panicking when i got in this afternoon cos i couldn't find her. looked in the wardrobe she hid in yesterday, no joy.
should've checked my bag first :facepalm:

View attachment 24040

Bloody gorgeous cat!! Congratulations to you for finding a new owner, and to Pepper for finding a new slave - I hope you'll be very happy together :cool:

I hope Griff is fully recovered by the time you get back. I'm sure he'll be fine, it's lovely of your vet to take him in like that :)

Reactions: CRI
I hope Griff is fully recovered by the time you get back. I'm sure he'll be fine, it's lovely of your vet to take him in like that :)
Hey, thanks for all the wishes. Well, it's always a worry. Vets that know more than the basics about guinea pigs are like gold dust. This guy had a group of sows - last one died just before his wife had a baby, but he wants to get more when the kid's a bit older. It's actually his missus who'll be looking after them mainly, so methinks they will probably end up with their own pigs sooner rather than later! :)

So it's okay for you to wake me up in the small hours, dripping wet and with filthy paws - but when I come to say hello during the hours of daylight you always give me a filthy look.
I will add to this, given it's only just returned to conscious recollection.

At 05:30 this morning, Nigel was going bonkers to be let out, so I staggered through to my office and opened the window to the cat ladder.

At 07:00, I was woken up by a piteous, loud, barking, in-my-face cat. The problem wasn't that the window was closed. The problem was that the twat had come home, snuggled up to me in bed, and forgotten that the window was open. So needed to be walked back to my office, so she could re-discover it was open for herself.

That so reminds me of Mr. Kippers

Him: sitting outside the window and looking pathetic "Open it for me" (at least I guess that is what Meooooow means in this case!)
Me: through the glass "The cat flap is just over there"
Him: "Open it for me"
Me: "Mr. K. the cat flap is just behind you"
Him: "Open it"
Me: "No"
Me: "No. Go to the cat flap"
I open the window, which he startes at for ages before finally jumping in

That so reminds me of Mr. Kippers

Him: sitting outside the window and looking pathetic "Open it for me" (at least I guess that is what Meooooow means in this case!)
Me: through the glass "The cat flap is just over there"
Him: "Open it for me"
Me: "Mr. K. the cat flap is just behind you"
Me: "No"
Me: "No. Go to the cat flap"
I open the window, which he startes at for ages before finally jumping in

128903510336184308.jpg

I will add to this, given it's only just returned to conscious recollection.

At 05:30 this morning, Nigel was going bonkers to be let out, so I staggered through to my office and opened the window to the cat ladder.

At 07:00, I was woken up by a piteous, loud, barking, in-my-face cat. The problem wasn't that the window was closed. The problem was that the twat had come home, snuggled up to me in bed, and forgotten that the window was open. So needed to be walked back to my office, so she could re-discover it was open for herself.

I have nominated Nigel :cool:

Edit: http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/who-has-given-you-the-most-laughs-here.300787/

Pretty sure that Schrodes just dislocated my finger :facepalm:

He was standing on the bed, facing away from me and the laptop cable was running underneath him. I wanted to put the laptop away so I very lightly touched one of his back legs so that he would move and the cable would be free (he normally takes a step forward if I touch his legs/paws)

But something must have spooked him because instead of moving a step forward he kicked out his back leg hard and ran off at full pelt. His foot hit my little finger at a weird angle and it popped out of joint. It popped straight back in again - thats the silver lining to having hyper mobile joints - you may dislocate joints at the drop of a hat but at least they can be popped back in more easily :rolleyes:

I've got a dull ache in my finger and shooting pains from my finger to my wrist and from my wrist to my elbow :mad:

Pretty sure that Schrodes just dislocated my finger :facepalm:

He was standing on the bed, facing away from me and the laptop cable was running underneath him. I wanted to put the laptop away so I very lightly touched one of his back legs so that he would move and the cable would be free (he normally takes a step forward if I touch his legs/paws)

But something must have spooked him because instead of moving a step forward he kicked out his back leg hard and ran off at full pelt. His foot hit my little finger at a weird angle and it popped out of joint. It popped straight back in again - thats the silver lining to having hyper mobile joints - you may dislocate joints at the drop of a hat but at least they can be popped back in more easily :rolleyes:

I've got a dull ache in my finger and shooting pains from my finger to my wrist and from my wrist to my elbow :mad:

I've had a number of cat-related injuries, also as a result of hypermobility (I thought it had been recategorised in with Ehlers-Danlos recently, I can't keep track because they keep fucking renaming it and recategorising it, wish they'd just make their fucking minds up so I don't have to check what it's called this week before I tell someone what I've got :mad: ), worst thing is when I stub my toes on Sonic (aka captain underfoot) and sublux several of my toes - they slip right back in place but it bruises all the tendons and muscles and causes pain for several days.

Back
Top Bottom