Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Mum's dog is going to be put to sleep later, she's been poorly only since Saturday but her liver is a mess :(

301220_256986781007661_533562416_n.jpg

Bye Milly Moo you mad little pup xx

CFEA5231-471F-45A3-B21E-6ABCBA27B1FD-739-0000005200593E1B.jpg

thanks everyone. kid2 is home and okay with the news in the way only a 5yo can be. kid1 was worried about him this morning, so i really hope she's not too upset when mr b picks her up.

thanks everyone. kid2 is home and okay with the news in the way only a 5yo can be. kid1 was worried about him this morning, so i really hope she's not too upset when mr b picks her up.

I hope they're okay, bob. Tough losing a pet, whatever age you are.

*sigh*

It's never a good idea to let Nigel out after midnight, when I'm working.

Guaranteed she won't be back until gone 3.

Which leaves a choice of:

1. go to bed when I feel like it, deal with feeling a bit guilty, and have the world's neediest and most self-pitiful cat scrabbling at the window first thing tomorrow; or

2. wait up for the fucker.

:D

Sorry :oops:

Could you tempt/train her with cat treats? Schrodes used to sit outside the window looking up at me for what seemed like hours whilst I tried to coax him in so that I could leave for work. I swear I almost had an aneurysm a couple of times. So I bought a bag of cat treats and I would shake them so that he associated the noise with getting something yummy.

Now he comes tearing-arse across roofs and gardens whenever he hears it :D

Coax her in with cheese
The *only* things she'll go for are salmon purina, webbox trout and crack sticks, and prawns.
Could you tempt/train her with cat treats?
Regrettably, the one thing Nigel likes enough to be trained with, is being let out.

We've managed to train her to sometimes ring a parrot's bell when she wants to go out. All other offers are futile.

And tempting her with the offer of being let out loses some of its allure, when she already IS out!

Artichoke can't get within 10 feet of her from the minute it hits dusk, bc Nigel knows the minute she lays a finger on her, she'll grab her and drag her kicking and yowling inside. Until tomorrow.

After a protracted campaign of not dragging her back in, I can now go out and she'll come over (as long as Artichoke isn't around - the cat's even more confident when she knows the boss is on holiday). But as soon as I use my privileged access to drag the damned cat inside, I'm fully aware that I'll lose all the privileges that allowed me to do it in the first place!

What about prawns? They wouldn't make much noise if you shook the pack I grant you, but you could do something Pavlovian with a bell so that she associates the noise with prawny goodness.

Or you just let her stay out on a particularly rainy night with the option of the following morning to get good and hungry and to re learn pecking order.

...webbox trout and crack sticks...

AKA "Kitty crack" - don't know what they put in them to make them that appealing. I always feel as if I'm in danger of losing a limb when trying to give those to the cats, they should come with safety instructions warning to throw it as far away as possible before the cats get to you!

Id not heard of these before.

TBH, lucy's got such a sketchy tummy, any alterations in her diet result in bloody poo (this is why it took me so long to get her off the rehoming centre). So she lives on a diet Royal Canin Persian Cat formula dry food, and water. For a treat she gets tinned tuna, or the odd prawn if im cooking some (very rarely for both).

My mum buys her proper cat treats, but she turns her nose at them always, except the catnip mouse....... thats what we call kitty crack :)

From the royal canin packet I also learnt that german for 'persian cat' is 'Persekatzen'...... I have been tempted to rename her.

Back
Top Bottom