Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

F08DB7A0-1BCA-4E8C-BA47-32366E41A17B-4267-0000026285431830.jpg

She *knows* I can't grab her whilst she's on the window sill. She's been there about 10mins. Lurking. And occasionally pretending she's seen something down below.

Has she bollocks. She's just making up excuses to stay out beyond bed time.

Really, really sorry to hear about Skinner and Milly Moo. Gah, I know how hard that is even when you KNOW it's the right thing to do.

So many gorgeous kit and pup snaps on here. Spent the past 20 minutes going back and awing and cooing! :)

Griff and Mal are back. Griff seems to have fully recovered - his poops are gloriously normal and he's not farting any more. Mrs Vet now wants pigs again, but boars this time as she's decided they are more "interactive." I think it's down to personality though and not gender. So glad to have them home though. Vet refused to take a penny for looking after them! Felt really weird last night - combo of jet lag and no snuffling or squeaking in the house. Griff needs a haircut again! Got them a new poster for their cage from my old Uni and some new nail clippers (which they'll think is a crap souvenir though!)

I was always the only person in my family who was a bit animal nuts, but in their "old age," my brother and sister seem to developed big soft spots for kitties especially.

My sister's big lump Reever (who reminds me of Maru with a bit of a kitler tache!)

8123490503_00c7e9fa3c.jpg
8123491625_909e651aa4.jpg

My brother has 4 cats - all rescues or strays. Didn't get a good shot of Stormy, a lush cuddly brown tabby with lots of health problems, but the other 3 are:

Zig - eater of baby rabbits who prefers the barn to the house (here with my Dad in Law)
8123584149_ac2911b26a.jpg

Moose - Elderly Siamese who'd been declawed then thrown out to fend for himself.
8123598182_0dbc3c1f1f.jpg
8123599344_a5b869321a.jpg

Dexter - stray kitten who turned up with one leg practically hanging off. He does fine with the 3 remaining ones!
8123582989_3af285b048.jpg

My brother and his wife also have 3 horses. Never been a horse person myself nor fancied a pet that couldn't sit on my lap, but these 3 were pretty amazing, and cuddly in their own way. Seem to have got the best shots of Dazzle (the only mare in the family). Magic and Gold are in the background of the 3rd shot. I present my horse niece and nephews!

8125381119_485ed04d0b.jpg
8125383579_65978eb975.jpg
8125386033_63858c3fbb.jpg

Stan's in disgrace, as we're absolutely infested with fleas. We're going to have to fumigate the house tomorrow :mad: (and go to the pub whilst it takes effect)

Stan's in disgrace, as we're absolutely infested with fleas. We're going to have to fumigate the house tomorrow :mad: (and go to the pub whilst it takes effect)
Oh noes! We "inherited" fleas when we moved here a couple years ago. Herbie had never had a flea in his life, then we noticed some raw areas under his chin and at the back of the neck. Place was a bit of a mess when we moved in, but didn't realise there were flea eggs everywhere, which hatched and attached as soon as the heating went on in the autumn. :mad:

We haven't seen any live ones, but we're both bitten. And itching every time we think about it :(

@CRI - Good to see some GP action again! I always had female pigs when I was young and they were awesome friendly pets, generally much better than rabbits in terms of handling and friendliness (I have had good pet rabbits too mind you), never had a male pig so don't know how they compare to females. Always loved the huge amount of noise they made when they could hear that dinner was on its way :D

@Puddy_Tat - I love that photo/caption - one of my cats is very generous/uninhibited with his belly, he'll offer it up to anyone and genuinely enjoys getting tummy rubs from friends and strangers alike, no chance of finding your hand caught in a claw/fang trap with my ultra-friendly boy! He's soft as shite, and the worst that anyone can expect from him is that they might get dribbled on while he's purring. It is quite funny though watching him offer his belly to visitors and see them fearful of stroking it, fearing that they are being lured into a painful trap!

Edit: @Vintage Paw - awesome picture of Charlie, he really seems to enjoy life bless him.

Thanks Epona. He does, I think. He's an indoor cat. A decision I made (in two minds) when I first got him, because he was an incredibly timid and very nervous cat (well, kitten at the time), and living opposite a row of industrial units that are used for all sorts and quite busy during the day, and with the main road just a few doors down, I thought it was probably for the best. I've often wondered over the years whether it's affected him in any way. It took him a very long time to get over his nervousness, and even now, at 12, he still darts away as soon as there's a knock on the door, even though now he might venture back downstairs again to have a sniff at visitors' shoes after a while (and he loves to roll around on my mum's partner's shoes :D). But, despite still not really being 100% sure of whether it was 'fair' to him or not, I look at him, sleeping there with that stupid grin on his face, and think about all the belly rubs he gets, all the cuddles, that he doesn't get into fights (apart from with me when he's feeling ornery), and he's safe from the traffic. I reckon he's got a pretty sweet deal :)

Back
Top Bottom