Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Caught in the act! Two rabbits, sneakily eating the Forbidden Grass behind their hutch.

View attachment 432135

I like the way they both have exactly the same posture. "Who, me?"
How are they coping with being outdoor bunnies?

That's how rabbits were when I last had them the idea of keeping them indoors was bonkers (not a judgement, I have/had indoor cats!), I just want to ask is there mesh on the bottom of their run, because if not they could dig out.

How are they coping with being outdoor bunnies?

That's how rabbits were when I last had them the idea of keeping them indoors was bonkers (not a judgement, I have/had indoor cats!), I just want to ask is there mesh on the bottom of their run, because if not they could dig out.
No mesh on the bottom, and I leave the cage door open in the daytime, anyway - it's an enclosed garden, and they know where the nice food gets delivered to. If I play-chase them around the garden, they run to the hutch.

I have thr baby bristlenose plec fish growing on in a small fish tank so they don't end up a snack for the others in the big community tank. I'm thinking that when they've grown enough to be moved on and the tank becomes empty that I'll use it for shrimp. Plant it heavy, it'll look the mutts.

Speaking of fish, as soon as i upgrade the community tank, I getting a shoal of these. How cool are they? 😍View attachment 402373
Did you...? It's ADORABLE 🥰 (and I NEVER thought I'd say that about a fish...actually basking sharks are quite cute...). TIL that elephant-nose fish are a thing... Sorry for bumping an old post, but I've only just seen it (hope I don't get put in the naughty corner...)

Did you...? It's ADORABLE 🥰 (and I NEVER thought I'd say that about a fish...actually basking sharks are quite cute...). TIL that elephant-nose fish are a thing... Sorry for bumping an old post, but I've only just seen it (hope I don't get put in the naughty corner...)

They've been a bastard to source. Everytime I think I've found a stockist, I'm too late with the order! I've not given up hope yet though.

A few years ago some friends of mine decided to go to the south of France for 3 months over the winter and take their cat with them. They were assured that you can get the same brands of cat food there as you can here so they just took enough with them for the first 10 days or so. When they reached their destination they discovered that the shops in France do indeed sell Whiskas but not the variety his lordship wanted. They tried him with what was available but he just sniffed at it and walked away in disgust.
In desperation, one of them had to fly back to Britain (it would have taken too long by road and sea), find the nearest big supermarket to Bristol airport and buy as much of this food that he could stuff into two suitcases before flying back again.
In the meantime, the cat had decided that the French stuff wasn't so bad after all and he might just condescend to eat it!

Last edited:
Rebecca Riot

That sounds exactly like some friends of mine ...
Their dog "would only eat boiled chicken" as he refused anything and everything else.

Luckily, our cats and dogs eat what they're given - at least, most of the time.

Need to get used to Bella being smaller than a Lab and used to eating just one meal a day.
Although we are reinforcing our praise with certain treats ...

Back
Top Bottom