Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Are they purely indoor rabbits? As in their hutch is indoors too? I'm thinking I might have space for one or two.....
Yes, purely indoor. They're latrine animals, so they're easily trained to wee and (mostly) poo in a litter tray. You will need to hide or cover every single wire and cable you have in the place, and they do play havoc with carpets. Trust me on this :thumbs:

Oh, and don't get just one. They're social animals, and much happier with another of their own kind. Most responsible rescue places will sort you out with a bonded pair.

ETA: also, they don't have a hutch - the flat is their hutch. I do have a baby gate to keep them out of the bedroom, as there are too many chompable wires for them to resist. Their litter tray lives in the bathroom, and that's where they eat, too.

Last edited:
Yes, purely indoor. They're latrine animals, so they're easily trained to wee and (mostly) poo in a litter tray. You will need to hide or cover every single wire and cable you have in the place, and they do play havoc with carpets. Trust me on this :thumbs:

Oh, and don't get just one. They're social animals, and much happier with another of their own kind. Most responsible rescue places will sort you out with a bonded pair.

ETA: also, they don't have a hutch - the flat is their hutch. I do have a baby gate to keep them out of the bedroom, as there are too many chompable wires for them to resist. Their litter tray lives in the bathroom, and that's where they eat, too.

I've been thinking towards either rabbits or ferrets for a while.

Do they ever roll over for belly rubs?!
No, they can't roll right over the way horses can. Plus their horns would probably get in the way!

They love being groomed though and they'll happily stand or lie still for me to comb out all the bits of mud and plants and matted hair they collect along their undercarriages. The best spots for scritches are around their horns and forehead though, and along the top of their backs where it's difficult to scratch themselves.

Back
Top Bottom