Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

20221125_151345.jpg

Puisin has been away for 12 days 😢 she had to have iodine for hyperthyroidism, she's a bit pissed off at living away for so long (I keep telling her it was all Mrs21 but she doesn't believe me ffs) . We have to limit contact for a week and a bit as she's a bit radioactive 😱

View attachment 353002

Puisin has been away for 12 days 😢 she had to have iodine for hyperthyroidism, she's a bit pissed off at living away for so long (I keep telling her it was all Mrs21 but she doesn't believe me ffs) . We have to limit contact for a week and a bit as she's a bit radioactive 😱

Oh my, she's gorgeous 😍 hope she's home and feeling better soon.

1911 census form entry (struck out by the red pen of officialdom) for cat, 5 rabbits and goldfish

FipkF4bWQAkIog6

from teh tweeter

Jarvis the Siberian hamster, lover of carrots and redskin peanuts who died on Wednesday. Technically my niece's pet, but he's lived with us for the past year. Uncharacteristically eating what looks like a rolled pea. He'd usually kick that shit straight out of his food bowl and wait for a topup.

View attachment 354014

Sorry for your loss, he looks like a right character.
They have such short lives, looks like his was a good one though.

Jarvis the Siberian hamster, lover of carrots and redskin peanuts who died on Wednesday. Technically my niece's pet, but he's lived with us for the past year. Uncharacteristically eating what looks like a rolled pea. He'd usually kick that shit straight out of his food bowl and wait for a topup.

View attachment 354014
RIP Jarvis, I liked seeing your nibbling action. :(

Polecat Styx at the vet just before an operation to remove an abscess on his head.

336162872_179642001492016_6275605415446200158_n.jpg

Really worrying because it was right over his eye and difficult to operate on plus we weren't sure if it was a tumor. After photo:

336562840_178972911132665_3863726370711645568_n.jpg

All went really well. No nerve damage which was a possibility with the location. Our vet is great.

Polecat Black Bun had a lump removed from his ear and a couple of teeth out. They've spent the last week huddled together with intermittent surprise doses of anti-biotics.

336381485_144232351902454_5472261414089101881_n.jpg

I was eyeing up getting one of these a while back but couldn't get right info re ahead requirements.

If you want any advice about parrot-keeping, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.
I'm saying this bit publicly because some people tend to get upset at the idea of keeping birds, but they do need to spend most of the day (they sleep when it's dark - well at least the species we tend to keep as pets!) out of a cage and free to (with supervision) fly/climb around in your home and destroy all your stuff/clank your crockery because they like the noise it makes :D They're very high-maintenance

Back
Top Bottom