Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Awww ppor thing:(

She looks dreadful - all the top of her head shaved meaning you can see right inside her ear holes, and she's mclearly bled a lot. The nurse warned me she looked bad even tho they've tried to clean her up. And she's got a little lampshade collar on.

Not a happy kitty:(

This is what happened when I tried to take a photograph of my latest sewing project this evening...

2012-07-19205422.jpg
2012-07-19205359.jpg

I'm looking after someone's ferret-polecat hybrids at the minute (they're in the middle of a move and we said we would help them out). One of them's a biter too. Just bitten me. Something about polecat bites makes you bleed like a fountain.

I don't want to give you the impression that ferrets are bitey wee things. Most never bite, even when provoked. But when they do bite... it's like an iron clamp with sabers. I could feel the teeth grating along the bone. He was a rescue ferret/polecat and may have been mistreated. But why do I have to look after him? :mad:

Might take some snaps of the boys today and post later. It's sunny, but blowing a hoolie, so not sure about having them outside for long.

I've just bought this wonderful device so weather depending, may take the boars down to the river for a graze!

_dsc8248_6.jpg

A unique feature of this carrier is that one of the longer sides can be unfolded to create a little outdoor run.
This extension makes it more comfortable for your pet if it has to stay in the carrier for longer periods of time. It is also a great way to transport your small pet outside so that it can nibble on fresh, tasty grass. The nylon base of the extension is netted and can be opened for easy access to the grass. The nylon base has an additional zip for quick access.
4 plastic tent pegs are included so that the carrier can be anchored to the ground on the extended side.

Took the guest monsters out for a walk today. Harnessing the boy took dexterity. We think his old owners used to beat him when he bit which just has the effect that he really doesn't trust humans. He was great on the lead though. Little toothy angel. He got sleepy and we carried him home in a state of bliss.

This afternoon I decided to sit outside and study (assignment due less than 3 weeks :eek:). 10 minutes in, and Ginger decided to sit in the most awkward place possible. Don't be fooled by the cute look. He's clearly thinking: "You think you're gonna study? No. Not gonna happen. PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Me me me :mad::rolleyes:".

It worked..

cat123.jpg

I can believe that! :) ^^

Malcolm the other night, after roaming all over the living room, decided he quite fancied pooping under the footstool (hence the sneaky look.)
7624098754_fe8367594c_c.jpg

And Griff this afternoon in his basket, where he spends about 90% of his time. He's not a terribly industrious rodent.
7639132880_5a7fbb0f57_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom