Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Sad news folks. Herbie's condition got worse last night, with two really bad fits at 8 and about 1 am. He was still pretty "out of it" throughout the night, just sitting very subdued. He rallied briefly this morning (and I took a few snaps,) before getting him to the vets at 9. Vet said the escalation of fits probably meant it was a brain tumour and would just get worse. Had to make that decision - hard on one hand, but easy on the other because it was so hard to see him suffering.

RIP Herbert J. Gingercat, Esq. One in a million tabbies.

7413246622_17855d0a65.jpg
love the cat but sorry he has passed.

Reactions: CRI
Maybe heaven doesn't exist...

I wasn't being entirely serious. I don't really do theology. Not even now there's a lolcat bible in which it is explained that

Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem

She barely eats any food I leave for her, I think she sneaks into next door via the dog flap and eats the dogs.

At the risk of being accused of grammar pedantry, I really wish I knew whether you meant to include an apostrophe after "dogs" or not... :eek:

We're starting to get more used to things without Herbert, but it's weird how at times you forget and just expect he'll here or there. I've got a rotten cold, so that hasn't helped. We're sort of thinking of stuff we can do that we couldn't before - like be away for long. Pigs are portable so can take them on road trips where most kitties aren't. Here's a few of Griff and Mal this afternoon. The sun vanished after I took a few of Malcolm, so not so many good ones of the two or Griff alone.

7434441628_ac786d376f.jpg
7434486194_fdca5eacf1.jpg

7434428828_3d1a5ed515.jpg
7434523084_237052a97e.jpg

RIP Herbie. : (

Lucy is on heat again. We were about to have her spayed but she has a very short cycle (4 months). The last owners were crap and didn't tell us when her first season was.

She's bleeding quite a bit so I cut a hole in a pair of pants for her tail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340568720.577069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340568739.300749.jpg

Poor baby, she really is being good and not even trying to get them off.

Aww, bless her. Does she like cuddles, she looks like she'd be a great sofa companion.

You'd think so but she's a terrible sofa companion! : D
She can't seem to relax so she fidgets and shuffles constantly.

She does like cuddles but then pulls away.

Unlike our other dog Albert, who will fall asleep on us and snuggle happily for hours.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340571930.826522.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340571930.826522.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 21
Yeah, the Big Old Dog. She wasn't ours but she stayed here often enough over the last three years that my daughter included her in those "my pets are..." Things in language lessons.

My gf asked if I was sad that I'd never again have to walk through a door and be barred by a happy, panting labrador who moved out of the way slowly like a tourist at a tube exit, and actually I am. Though tbf she didn't describe it quite as nicely as that and neither would I have when xena was alive.

Sad news folks. Herbie's condition got worse last night, with two really bad fits at 8 and about 1 am. He was still pretty "out of it" throughout the night, just sitting very subdued. He rallied briefly this morning (and I took a few snaps,) before getting him to the vets at 9. Vet said the escalation of fits probably meant it was a brain tumour and would just get worse. Had to make that decision - hard on one hand, but easy on the other because it was so hard to see him suffering.

RIP Herbert J. Gingercat, Esq. One in a million tabbies.
Ah I'm so sad to read this.

Lost my old girl cat like this in March. Vet said it was almost certainly a tumour too.

Very hard to let them go :(

Ah, sorry to hear that Penni. Evidently, it's not that uncommon with older kitties, although it's more likely to be things like kidney or diabetes that get to them first. They can't really do much for them if it is a tumour though. Really tough.

Saw this lovely cat called Hamish yesterday - did a double take at first, but he has a different face shape, narrower stripes, friendlier with strangers and is a bit more "war weary" than Herbert.

*wonders how long will hold out before getting another kitty?*
7482183684_906b888231.jpg

It's the best thing, really. We got our Stan 6 weeks after our Sparky died at 21, way before I thought I'd be ready, and it cheered me up so much.

Back
Top Bottom