Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

aww (((herbie))) how old is he CRI? (Sorry you might have mentioned this before but I've forgotten!)

Reactions: CRI
Hey, thanks for all those wishes. He had another pretty bad fit tonight about 7.30 and it took him about half hour to properly "come back," then demanded food :) . Just keeping an eye and back to the vets Saturday.

Oh, he's about 16, but we've been lucky that he's had nothing more than the occasional flea wrong with him ever. So, getting our heads around the worst possibly happening at any time and just trying to make sure he's not suffering unnecessarily. All a part of the animal thing, hard, but still worth it.

My boys.

196160_10151043916297673_1813499804_n.jpg

I like the spaniel.

I've never been convinced by jack Russells, though :hmm:

Artichoke has a pathological family JR which seems to mostly act as a focus for family derision and contempt :hmm:

Sad news folks. Herbie's condition got worse last night, with two really bad fits at 8 and about 1 am. He was still pretty "out of it" throughout the night, just sitting very subdued. He rallied briefly this morning (and I took a few snaps,) before getting him to the vets at 9. Vet said the escalation of fits probably meant it was a brain tumour and would just get worse. Had to make that decision - hard on one hand, but easy on the other because it was so hard to see him suffering.

RIP Herbert J. Gingercat, Esq. One in a million tabbies.

7413246622_17855d0a65.jpg

Sad news CRI, he was a very handsome chap and I've loved looking at the pictures you've posted of him.

(((CRI)))

RIP Herbie :(

Oh CRI I'm so sorry to hear that :( It must have been such a difficult decision, even though it was the right one.

RIP Herbie, a prince amongst cats. You've left a lot of happy memories. Always looked forward to seeing your pics, especially the disdainful ones when being upstaged by guinea pigs, made me smile so so much :)

Much hugs to you and yours ((((CRI))) x

Hey thanks everyone. I've got a bad cold, so have a convenient cover for my blubbing. :( He wasn't at all himself this morning, no complaint getting in the carrier, didn't even try to come out when we got there - wobbly, eyes dilated. If we'd insisted on stronger drugs or something else, that would have been for our benefit and not his, poor little sod. Vet and nurse were really good, it was peaceful and he just went to sleep. Gorgeous animal. You'd have never guessed he was 16 (at least.) Thanks again for your wishes folks. Honest, means alot.

Catnip binge to assuage the grief of being attached to bells.

Clearly gets the fear at 3:01

Aw that remind me of the beautiful Lil (RIP).
It use to be all over her, in her ears and eyes. I swear she use to actually snort it too.

I would be hoovering it up from all over the house for days :)

So sorry to hear that, CRI. Sounds like you made the right decision, though, and you did your absolute best for him. RIP Herbie. You gave him a great life.

Back
Top Bottom