Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

What gorgeous buns! I love the theory of rabbits, but not the reality. They are soft and beautiful, but real bastards towards guinea pigs. You sort of have to be in one camp or the other really!

Rescue goat, rescue chickens, rescue quoadpet der :thumbs:

bfe9a84b.jpg

fd2c0721.jpg

46918f8a.jpg

8beb8879.jpg

271bf4a1.jpg

15620b31.jpg

3f6173b8.jpg

84f9c8bc.jpg

What gorgeous buns! I love the theory of rabbits, but not the reality. They are soft and beautiful, but real bastards towards guinea pigs. You sort of have to be in one camp or the other really!
Not very fun either, IME :D You made the right choice!

Reactions: CRI
lesson: paper bags kill deers.

its like can holders and hedgehogs all over again :(
Going by their & the goats' enthusiasm, we're working on the assumption that they get through a couple of dozen each day :D

E2a: Ohhhh, and those photos are out of order :D I woke up the sleeping deer and fed it :D Sorry!

I would add - Stansted Mountfitchett is properly awesome. A few sketchy models of Norman soldiers, surrounded by a tonne of seriously obese rescue chickens, arthritic goats, rescue ducks & fallow deer, with animal food £1 a bag. And rescue bunnies living in on-site warrens. And a toy museum. And about 4 large plastic dinosaurs :cool:

We saw a seriously dysfunctional hissing duck / goose 2 yrs ago. It's still there, but most of its tics have gone, and it's covered in lush plumage. Great rescue work :D

It's as if an eccentric millionaire wanted to create the best place ever, health and safety be damned.

I would add - Stansted Mountfitchett is properly awesome. A few sketchy models of Norman soldiers, surrounded by a tonne of seriously obese rescue chickens, arthritic goats, rescue ducks & fallow deer, with animal food £1 a bag. And rescue bunnies living in on-site warrens. And a toy museum. And about 4 large plastic dinosaurs :cool:

We saw a seriously dysfunctional hissing duck / goose 2 yrs ago. It's still there, but most of its tics have gone, and it's covered in lush plumage. Great rescue work :D

It's as if an eccentric millionaire wanted to create the best place ever, health and safety be damned.

I am going there as soon as I can, sans kids. :cool:

Whats that stansted mountfitchet then? the castle?
Yep. The castle is ok (few bits of wood, a few motion activated voice recordings, a few "authentic" wood buildings, a few original stone walls).

The toy museum is quite good fun for a one-off. The haunted house is n enjoyable, cheap joke.

The animals are well worth the price alone. Little hills / semi feral warrens of baby bunnies ATM :D And tons and tons of chicks.

Yep. The castle is ok (few bits of wood, a few motion activated voice recordings, a few "authentic" wood buildings, a few original stone walls).

The toy museum is quite good fun for a one-off. The haunted house is n enjoyable, cheap joke.

The animals are well worth the price alone. Little hills / semi feral warrens of baby bunnies ATM :D And tons and tons of chicks.

I think I need to borrow a child from somewhere before I go

I think I need to borrow a child from somewhere before I go
Grab an adult! We go childless :D

The castle bit is separate from the toy museum / haunted house. IIRC, coupla years back, we went when it was a bit overcast; the place was empty. (And ALL the deer were consequently wandering around the inside of the castle, instead of hiding in their 'private' space just outside the walls).

28618_10150191828940161_901760160_12187377_1866097_n.jpg

28618_10150191829770161_901760160_12187395_5637773_n.jpg

28618_10150191829910161_901760160_12187415_6349665_n.jpg

Grab an adult! We go childless :D

The castle bit is separate from the toy museum / haunted house. IIRC, coupla years back, we went when it was a bit overcast; the place was empty. (And ALL the deer were consequently wandering around the inside of the castle, instead of hiding in their 'private' space just outside the walls).

28618_10150191828940161_901760160_12187377_1866097_n.jpg

28618_10150191829770161_901760160_12187395_5637773_n.jpg

28618_10150191829910161_901760160_12187415_6349665_n.jpg

Id feel a bit odd going to a mock up norman conquest fort without a kid....

Maybe I should take a female of some description instead.

Wow, love the photos from Stansted Mountfitchett! The hen with the furry trousers at the end is amazing. How I would love to work in a place like that (although some I have known don't treat their guinea pigs that well, but hopefully that's more the exception than the rule!)

My rattie was bleeding from her vulva quite a lot last night. She seems better now, just waiting for the vets appt at 3.30. Not googling symptoms because I don't want to get any more worried, but I hope she's ok! :(

I presume that it's not just a "coming into season" thing then. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious!

I presume that it's not just a "coming into season" thing then. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious!

Rats aren't supposed to bleed when they come into heat, or ever really! and thanks :)

I'd never even considered the fact a rat could have a vulva tbh.

lol of course they do, or where would her vagina and urethra come out? where would the little rattie male stick his little rattie penis?

Yeah, kind of inconclusive. She stopped bleeding and vet couldn't feel anything sinister so it's just a case of keep an eye on it. So on the one hand it's a relief because the vet didn't sound too concerned but on the other hand it won't be good if it comes back.

And you know what, I was sitting in the vets waiting room and there was a big advert for getting your pet chipped in case they get lost. And they had a bunch of different pets that you could chip. There was a cat and a dog - obvious; a bird and turtle - yep, understandable; a rodent - ok I can see that; and a fish. A fish?! How do you lose a FISH??

Love it :D

ETA: Oh my goodness!I just realised that I went there in my last year of primary school (as we had been studying the Normans).
I am 32 now :D
A remember distinctly that a goat ate my friends packet of chewits that she got from the shop, wrappers and all :D

Goodness me that was a long time ago :D

Yeah, kind of inconclusive. She stopped bleeding and vet couldn't feel anything sinister so it's just a case of keep an eye on it. So on the one hand it's a relief because the vet didn't sound too concerned but on the other hand it won't be good if it comes back.

Urinary tract infection?

They often clear themselves up in smaller animals.

that place looks awesome quoad. I think there should be an urban outing to this magical place.

Koi carp get pinched a lot ;)

That makes sense. My mate's dad had his koi carp nicked...by a heron :D

Urinary tract infection?

They often clear themselves up in smaller animals.

Vet didn't think so because there wasn't any blood in her urine when she pee'd all over him heh :D Probably a burst abscess, still a few drops of blood but it seems to be getting better now.

Know what you mean about not being sure whether it's a good sign or more worry because you don't know what it is.

I've not had rats, or female rodents since gerbils years ago but for boars, bleeding is a sign of bladder infection. They're kind of "low slung" so is fairly common. Did she maybe get something stuck or scratch herself? Either way, hope you have a good rodent savvy vet and she's properly fine now.

Back
Top Bottom