Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

thanks Lizzie
I'll get some Dettol on the way home. Oh the trauma of pet ownership:)
I have a feeling the vet told me never to use Dettol on cats. I had used it on my cat when he had a bite abscess over the Queen's Golden Jubilee weekend (bloody nuisance royals :mad:) and thought the vet could wait till the Tuesday if I kept it very clean.

The cat was fine, however.

Just googled that, and indeed, phenols are not good for cats, can't find anything about amounts though and have seen loads of people saying they've used it and nothing bad happened. Was trying to find out how much would do a cat harm.

Saline it is then.

This is Lucy. She's 11 months old, old english sheepdog, KC registered and a lovely girl but her owners can't keep her.

She's coming to live with us and we're hopefully picking her up Tuesday.

She's clipped at the moment but we'll let her grow a full coat.

We're ridiculously excited.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317569323.580397.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317569323.580397.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317569337.862765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317569337.862765.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 19
Well she's ours! Things are a little strange between her and our other dog but I think they'll be fine.

We were going to change her name to Florence but really aren't sure now and Lucy is growing on us.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317750728.599066.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317750728.599066.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317750738.394516.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317750738.394516.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
Clean his wounds with some saline, I get my dogs to stand in a bowl with weak dettol solution when they hurt their paws cos they walk in poo probably, if there are 2 of them the other one will probably clean the wounds on his head.

Dogs seem to heal really quickly, don't know if that's the same with cats.

My way of looking at it is if it was a wound on me would it be worth going to the doctors, if I think that it wouldn't be I don't go to the vet.
Can you use wound powder on cats as well as dogs?

Saline is always good too.

Mine being his normal self - this was after repeated pleading calls of "Mr. Kippers" from me to try to get him to turn round :D

296153_10150320083246500_705801499_8733531_852946572_n.jpg

Is she getting on okay with Albert?

It's a bit tense. Lucy is bigger and quite dominant and Albert whilst a lot more excitable is very submissive with other dogs.

She's eaten his breakfast and made him drop his toy earlier.

He's withdrawn from me which I find really hard as he's my boy. The Mr isn't at all concerned but I'm freaking out a bit because I feel such a responsibility for creating this situation.

Lucy has been taken away from her family and been plonked into ours and Albert has had our undivided attention for a year.

One of them wee'd on the floor last night too and I don't know who.

Fingers crossed things settle down soon...

I'm sure it'll settle down soon.
It is hard, but you do need to just let them get on with it.

I didn't think our old girl Treacle would cope with us having another dog, but she handled it really well once they'd settled down.

Lucy is gorgeous btw :)

My lovely ginger tom, Fossil, was put to sleep today after a short illness.

DSC_0558.jpg

Foss was born in my Brixton flat in August 1995 and lived with me until May 2004 when he moved up to my parents when we sold up in May 2004. He was the sweetest natured cat I've ever met and would always greet me when he came into the room.

RIP my little ginger fella, I'll miss you.

OMG so sorry. Beautiful cat. RIP Fossil (great name :) ) :(

Edit: That pic is the 'if you poke me ONE MORE TIME, I'll bite yer fuckin' finger off' pose, isn't it? ;)

Oh he was definitely a lover, not a biter ;)

He'd have a swat at you if you pushed him though.

RIP fossil, he looked like a lovely cat

Edit: That pic is the 'if you poke me ONE MORE TIME, I'll bite yer fuckin' finger off' pose, isn't it? ;)

I see it more as a "Why are you just sitting there pointing that thing at me? Why are you not scritching my tummy?!"

Well she's ours! Things are a little strange between her and our other dog but I think they'll be fine.

We were going to change her name to Florence but really aren't sure now and Lucy is growing on us.
she's the spitting image of tintin's dog, 'snowy' in the pic on the left

My lovely ginger tom, Fossil, was put to sleep today after a short illness.

View attachment 13841

Foss was born in my Brixton flat in August 1995 and lived with me until May 2004 when he moved up to my parents when we sold up in May 2004. He was the sweetest natured cat I've ever met and would always greet me when he came into the room.

RIP my little ginger fella, I'll miss you.
sorry to hear that...he looks like a proper character

Back
Top Bottom