95.8 KB · Views: 12
  • wading cats 023.jpg
    wading cats 023.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
Seafaring beards ftw :cool:

This thread makes me a bit sad as our cat (pictured in the OP as a kitten:() has left home. I see him sometimes, he passes by and occasionaly pops in but he's no longer our pet, He clearly has a new home :(
I'd really like another cat.[/quote]

AHA! :mad:

One of our cats came home at 11.30 last night to deliver us a fish. Clearly out of a fish pond type fish rather than an edible one.. Eeeek wonder which of the neighbours has been raided.

Must get pet insurance, must get pet insurance
GET PET INSURANCE.

I swear I'll keep bumping this thread till you do.
Only way round it is to open an account for the pets and pay in £30 a month to that and never ever touch it.

Which is of course not what I do, as I don't even earn £30 a month.

Until I get a job I am relying on the kindness of the vet if anything really expensive goes wrong, but I suspect I could probably pay by instalments if I needed to as my mum has been there for years and we use the same address - they let her 'build up a bill and pay it all at once' and so on already.

Only way round it is to open an account for the pets and pay in £30 a month to that and never ever touch it.

Which is of course not what I do, as I don't even earn £30 a month.

Until I get a job I am relying on the kindness of the vet if anything really expensive goes wrong, but I suspect I could probably pay by instalments if I needed to as my mum has been there for years and we use the same address - they let her 'build up a bill and pay it all at once' and so on already.

Top of the page is toby.

Two years ago Toby broke his leg badly. Then he broke it again, and it had to be amputated. It was horrendously expensive even with pet insurance.

Top of the page is toby.

Two years ago Toby broke his leg badly. Then he broke it again, and it had to be amputated. It was horrendously expensive even with pet insurance.
It's a moot point, I don't have £30 a month, my income is currently £0.

That's only if you're in receipt of certain benefits isn't it?
no, my cat needed emergency care when some pins in a metal brace that was in her leg came loose and she was in terrible pain. because the injury was considered to be a pre-existing condition, the insurers wouldn't pay and we couldn't afford the hundreds of pounds the vet wanted to remove the pins and brace, but it was necessary so we took her to the blue cross and they did it but charged us less than £100 for it. We paid another £100 or so more as a donation at a later date when he had some more cash IIRC

she was/is fine - look at her above in post 736.
she got run over when she was very young and needed loads of metal in her right back leg.
years later, the screws in the brace that held her leg togethers starting coming loose and she was in a lot of pain.
her previous owner did not have insurance and did a runner and never paid, so we worried she'd been chipped and questions would be asked but this didn't happen and the blue cross vet just removed all the metal, as it was thought the bone had healed enough for it to no longer need support. we were warned that her leg might not be strong enough and it might need to be amputated but luckily she is fine. she doesn't limp but she is more reluctant to jump up onto things than she used to. she is about 11/12 though, so that could also just be old age.

Think Harry was in a fight last night, bleeding paw this morning and bits of matted bloody fur on his head and a nick in his ear. He seems a bit skitish as well.Wondering whether I should take him to the vet or will he heal by himself

He and our other cat stinky are ex rescue and harry was very traumatised when we got him. He hid under the oven for the first week. How times have changed..

Clean his wounds with some saline, I get my dogs to stand in a bowl with weak dettol solution when they hurt their paws cos they walk in poo probably, if there are 2 of them the other one will probably clean the wounds on his head.

Dogs seem to heal really quickly, don't know if that's the same with cats.

My way of looking at it is if it was a wound on me would it be worth going to the doctors, if I think that it wouldn't be I don't go to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom