Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Scotland Euro 2020 finals

It’s not the despair but the hope that kills

anyway, not a bad start - we should have done the curiously out of kilter foamy beer and Gouda boys tonight
We do seem to have some kind of belief in ourselves at the minute that have only been seen in brief flashes over the past decade or two . Happy with the weans getting some action and not disgracing themselves by any means

it will go rapidly downhill after this decent start I’m sure. Even getting out of the group is trophy worthy for Scotland ffs.

I know by now that it’s invariably futile but I can’t help keeping a tiny bit of hope that we might actually give it a go. And no Costa Rica lying in wait either. And France apart. There could be some big teams that look to be in a trough at the minute.

what can possibly go wrong ?

I'm going to do an accumulator, what's the best bet for Scotland in the Euros? Top goal scorer, number of points etc

Scotland to beat England but lose heavily to the Czechs and the Croats and, therefore, going out in the group stage.

For me, the irony, over many years is that whilst Scotland can produce very skilled individual players, we struggle to produce a team.

This time? There is always hope. :)

'The fans in the stadium will include Colin Tanner and his son Cameron.

In 1998, Colin told seven-year-old Cameron that the next time Scotland qualified for a major tournament, they would go together.

"I didn't expect to have to wait 23 years to get here," Colin told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme.
"The very first game my dad took me to was against Czechoslovakia in 1977 and Scotland won 3-1, so something similar today would be fantastic."'

:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom