Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Royal lickspittlery: the platinum jubilee edition

You doing anything to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee then Pickman's? The woman at No 9 organised street parties for both VE and VJ Days but she hasn't said anything about the Jubilee though.

Just leave this here

skynews-william-kate-tuvalu_5711475.jpg

Just leave this here

skynews-william-kate-tuvalu_5711475.jpg

Look at this shit. Nobody should be physically carried simply by virtue of the fact they got pushed out of the right womb. What fucking bronze age bullshit is this? This picture right here is why the monarchy should be abolished. Do Presidents ever get carried around like this? I really fucking hope not. Nobody should. It's fucking barbarism. Literally using human beings as draft animals and/or furniture. Fuck it sideways with the tools that could never be produced by obsolete social orders.

Oh and my neighbour is trying to get a street party going for 4th June, she tested the water asking us, we said yeah, sure. She’s now trying to drum up support from the others in our close. Thing is it turns out the Killers gig from 2020 has been rescheduled for that date at the Emirates and we have tickets, so we won’t be around anyway.

There was a post on the street Facebook page a while back discussing whether to print and post invites and get the street closed, but I suspect the total lack of enthusiasm shown has put paid to that ...
Perhaps with all the shit going on this is the final whimper ?
(Or perhaps there always was shit going on but I didn't notice)

Time to start thread for is the neighbour at number 9 still alive...
She organised a street party for VE Day or more accurately 17 seperate but simultaneous street parties for VE Day (since it was in the depths of lockdown) where folks just sat in their own front gardens and had a drink whilst communicating by shouting and waving.
Come VJ Day a lot of restrictions were lifted so it was more like a proper street party where we blocked the pavement and much of the road outside No 9 and 11, I suppose in some places Plod might have come and broken it up but since it's a cul-de-sac in a nice middle class area, no-one objected.
I don't think she is particularly pro (or anti) monarchy but she's pro-party so I'm surprised she hasn't seized the chance to organize one for the Platinum Jubilee, I'm not pro-monarchist either but I'm pro having a few beers and a good time. The nice Indian lady who lives at No 2 brought loads of curries and stuff last time and her cooking is to die for so I'm definitely pro a really good curry.

She organised a street party for VE Day or more accurately 17 seperate but simultaneous street parties for VE Day (since it was in the depths of lockdown) where folks just sat in their own front gardens and had a drink whilst communicating by shouting and waving.
Come VJ Day a lot of restrictions were lifted so it was more like a proper street party where we blocked the pavement and much of the road outside No 9 and 11, I suppose in some places Plod might have come and broken it up but since it's a cul-de-sac in a nice middle class area, no-one objected.
I don't think she is particularly pro (or anti) monarchy but she's pro-party so I'm surprised she hasn't seized the chance to organize one for the Platinum Jubilee, I'm not pro-monarchist either but I'm pro having a few beers and a good time. The nice Indian lady who lives at No 2 brought loads of curries and stuff last time and her cooking is to die for so I'm definitely pro a really good curry.
oops I thought you meant the original VE and VJ days :facepalm:

You should come for a meal with me and Spymaster then, we like good curries too

Back
Top Bottom