Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

He said he's where he is because his parents worked hard, the implication is clear and strikes at the core of his ideology.
Considering he was an unknown backbencher at the last general election, I'd say he's where is primarily due to the two clusterfucks who preceded him.

What would the actual offence be? I get it’s dodgy but is it a crime to bet on something you have InsideInfo about? Logically it would seem it should be but no one‘s mentioned a specific offence.

Reactions: Sue
The officer was then arrested on Monday on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
What would the actual offence be? I get it’s dodgy but is it a crime to bet on something you have InsideInfo about? Logically it would seem it should be but no one‘s mentioned a specific offence.

The officer was then arrested on Monday on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

I had to google this. From BBC report on the PM's aide who got caught for it last week:

The spokesperson also said that the confidential use of information in order to gain an unfair advantage when betting "may constitute an offence of cheating under Section 42 of the Gambling Act, which is a criminal offence".

separately misconduct in public office is also a common law offence. meaning I've no idea what's covered or not.

Misuse of privileged information would be a bad thing given your job is supposedly one that requires integrity

Ah cheers, I managed to miss that.

It's like he doesn't understand why people might judge the government on what they've actually done rather than what they say they're going to isn't it.
TBF that sort of attitude is common with 99% of bosses, even the 'anti-tory' ones. The idea that what one thinks or believes is more important than the actual actions that ones takes. So making people redundant is ok so long as you feel really, really bad about it

1718818621166-png.429657

"Feck... Arse..."

Misuse of privileged information would be a bad thing given your job is supposedly one that requires integrity
Thick fucks don’t even know to get their brother in law/neighbour or whoever to place the bet for them so there’s no trail. I’m more disappointed in the stupidity than the potential criminality.

I had a skim through the front page of the Mail Online yesterday and you wouldn't really know there was an election on. There were four election articles, none near the top, on, in order of appearance: Farage (how he can become Tory leader), Ed Davey (falling off things), Starmer (can't remember but probably how he's going to nick your pension) and Tory wives (don't they look good!) but of Rishi himself not a peep. If he can't get coverage from his own side Rishi's time really is up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom