Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

Rishi Sunak paid more than half a million pounds in tax in 2023 after making a £1.8m profit on his holding in a US investment fund, a summary of his tax affairs shows.

The prime minister published the document on Friday, showing he paid a tax bill of £508,308 in the financial year 2022-23 on overall earnings and gains of £2.23m.

This means he paid an effective tax rate of 23% in the UK – much lower than the top rate of 45% – because some income was taxed at source in the US and the rate of capital gains tax is lower at 20%.

Source: Rishi Sunak paid effective tax rate of 23% on £2.2m income last year

Fucking unreal. Part of me wants to watch the cringefest. cupid_stunt our gbeebies commentator could take one for the team maybe?

Me, a gbeebies commentator? :hmm:

Sure I watched a bit in the first few months, because it was such an hilarious car crash, and dipped in on rare occasions in the following few months, but I haven't even done that in at least year, and so there's no way I'll watching this shite! :D

Why isn’t Rishi Sunak going on the BBC? Why is he going on all these fringe right wing tv shows? He was only on Talk Tv or whatever it is the other day. Is that because he is shoring up his only voters?

I missed that. He’s still going on a lot of fringe tv channels.

Well, there's only 2 fringe 'TV news' channels - GBN, and TalkTV, which is actually mainly a radio station, formerly known as TalkRadio, with vision now, very little of their content is actually 'produced for TV'.

As well as being on 'Sunday with Laura Kussensberg' recently, he's also been on the 'Trevor Phillips on Sunday' show, on Sky News, and other outlets like LBC, Times Radio, and Radio 4.

It's an election year, he's popping-up wherever he can.

Dare to point to a left leaning minority person's physical attributes and your a cunt but you can throw any sort of bigoted body shaming you like at a tory and its all fine and dandy (spoken as someone who detests Sunak and the Tory Party but also isnt so indoctrinated not to see the hypocritical groupthink so blatant and ubiquitous in here)

Dare to point to a left leaning minority person's physical attributes and your a cunt but you can throw any sort of bigoted body shaming you like at a tory and its all fine and dandy (spoken as someone who detests Sunak and the Tory Party but also isnt so indoctrinated not to see the hypocritical groupthink so blatant and ubiquitous in here)
Yes.

It was the state/ your state that came up with this stuff by the way. You could be racked, hung drawn and quarted or just fucked with a red hot piece of iron.

In the future though it will be the same.

"You're a cunt"

And whether or not Sunak's small stature is relevant (not particularly, IMO), pointing it out (even repeatedly and to the point of tedium) is hardly body shaming.

That’s true. I feel bad for mocking him now. There’s nothing wrong with being small.

Back
Top Bottom