Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reynhard Sinaga - Britain’s most prolific rapist with 136 victims is jailed for 30 years

editor

hiraethified
What an evil cunt. The good news is that he's unlikely to ever get outside a prison again. He used his harmless looks to prey on young men in distress, and then drugged them, raped them and filmed them.

Reynhard Sinaga

A man convicted of 159 sex offences, including 136 rapes, will "never be safe to be released", a judge has said.

Reynhard Sinaga was found guilty of luring 48 men from outside Manchester clubs to his flat, where he drugged and assaulted them - filming the attacks.

Police say they have evidence Sinaga, 36, who is being named for the first time, targeted at least 190 victims.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said Sinaga was "the most prolific rapist in British legal history".

The judge ruled his life sentence must include a minimum of 30 years in jail.

Reporting restrictions were also lifted at a sentencing hearing at Manchester Crown Court on Monday, meaning Sinaga could be identified for the first time.

The post-graduate student was already serving life, with a minimum term of 20 years, for the offences he was convicted of in two earlier trials, which took place in summer 2018 and last spring.

Across four separate trials, the Indonesian national was found guilty of 136 counts of rape, eight counts of attempted rape, 14 counts of sexual assault, and one count of assault by penetration, against a total of 48 victims.

Detectives say they have been unable to identify a further 70 victims and are now appealing for anyone who believes they may have been abused by Sinaga to come forward.

I read that they'd identified 190 people but still had 70 they hadn't put names to.

Either way his MO clearly worked for a very long time and they only caught him by chance.

I imagine many men did not report what happened to the police. The only reason he got prosecuted for so many is that he recorded his crimes on his phone.

I imagine many men did not report what happened to the police. The only reason he got prosecuted for so many is that he recorded his crimes on his phone.

the suggestion is that a fair proportion of them didn't really know what had happened until the police traced them and made contact.

i really don't understand humans sometimes.

Yes I expect there were people who felt too ashamed, to report it, and probably a lack of faith in the filth's response is partly in play, but my reading of the story is that he got away with it until one guy woke up and fought back. the rest were just drugged and had no idea.

actually, and I'm not sure how to put this, but if I was drugged and anally raped, I'm pretty sure I would notice the next day, thinking about it.

I heard on the radio earlier that the guy who was insufficiently drugged and woke up fought him off and stole his phone - on which were all the videos. Something like 1000 dvds worth. So he handed it to the police.

You might know if you were anally raped but there's a lot of things classed as assault before you get to that extreme that maybe you wouldn't be so aware of.

Saw this on the BBC news, absolutely horrific especially as many of his victims didn’t even know he’d raped them.

Hopefully now that GHB drug will be reclassified as a class A.

This is almost beyond belief.

How does anyone get hold of that much "date rape drugs". And who the fuck supplies them?

and we have grief over a bit of fun drugs?
GHB is pretty easy to come by and you get GBL by the half litre (a couple of ml would knock me out)

It's not just a date rape drug, most people use it for fun (at a not knock you out dose), and some people use it problematically and can be gripped by a pretty horrible dependent use.

What awful drug dealers sell this stuff? Just google GBL alloy wheel cleaner - Alongside getting you battered, it will also get your alloy wheels nice and clean

GHB is pretty easy to come by and you get GBL by the half litre (a couple of ml would knock me out)

It's not just a date rape drug, most people use it for fun (at a not knock you out dose), and some people use it problematically and can be gripped by a pretty horrible dependent use.

What awful drug dealers sell this stuff? Just google GBL alloy wheel cleaner - Alongside getting you battered, it will also get your alloy wheels nice and clean

Is GBL and GHB similar?

Yeah. It's a really simple chemical conversion. You can also just drink the GBL and your stomach will do the conversion. It's much safer in terms of overdose to do GHB mind

Blimey, learn something new every day. Imagine getting high off alloy cleaner.

I was curious about why there was a reporting restriction on this bloke that was only lifted at end of the fourth (!) trial. Isn't it normal to name the suspect in the hope other victims come forward? It did occur to me it may have been to ensure trials fair/juries have no knowledge of defender but that would suggest it was always planned there would be four separate trials, why.

Anyway, everything about this grim as fuck, hope he carks it in jail

I think they addressed that briefly in an interview with the detective on R4 earlier ... I think it was something to do a him claiming it was consensual.

It's one thing to publicly name a suspect who's likely to face one trial, but, where you know there'll be a number of trials (because of the number of alleged offences), highly public convictions in the earlier trials would likely make it impossible for them to receive a fair trial in any subsequent proceedings.

It's one thing to publicly name a suspect who's likely to face one trial, but, where you know there'll be a number of trials (because of the number of alleged offences), highly public convictions in the earlier trials would likely make it impossible for them to receive a fair trial in any subsequent proceedings.

Why so many trials though? I know you've said number of victims - is that so the jury etc isn't subjected to all the evidence (videos)?

It'd be practically very difficult to deal with all that in one trial. You'd run the risk of it going on for months with the possibility of losing jurors.

Makes sense I suppose. I'd always thought multiple trials was because more victims/evidence once other trials already underway

Back
Top Bottom