Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend me a winter coat

Get a pea coat I reckon - not as formal as that chesterfield so much more versatile.

How about this one?

Black_and_white_Norwegian_Forest_Cat.jpg

Get a pea coat I reckon - not as formal as that chesterfield so much more versatile.

How about this one?
Nice, second hand though. Would rather get a new one.
£210 for a used coat! :eek:

this is my go to guy for high-end coats/jackets at good prices, some used but condition is at least 9/10

I got an alexander mcqueen leather from him for 81 quid with free p&p

s-l1600.jpg

yeah, new you wont get very much quality but if you spend 200 second hand, you can reach the outerlimits

Armorlux:The long one is €270 from Armorlux but looking around online will find cheaper.I bought the pea coat for £140 last yearlong-coat-deauville.jpgcap-sizun-pea-coat-wool.jpg
long-coat-deauville.jpgcap-sizun-pea-coat-wool.jpg

Quality designed timeless pieces for buttons !!

I always have a sniff around on eBay, although currently trying to downsize my clobber

I used to buy top end xxl shirts for two or three quid. Take them to a local seamstress and get them tailored in for me
I’m a bit scared of eBay - you have to do a lot of digging and I’m not good at that as I’m too impatient. Can’t do auctions either. Need to buy outright. Then when you do buy stuff, you get pestered for feedback. Stresses me out massively.

Good thread.

I went looking for coats yesterday, my five year old wax cotton Fat Face job is too distressed chic now. Couldn’t find anything I liked. The closest was a proper Barbour, with the wool liner but they had bloody black plastic elbow patches on.

I’ve got a decent goretex for walking and if it’s really cold and wet round town.

I’m 5’11 over weight, recommend me Hive Mind.

Reactions: tim
Hmm .. I need a new coat .. but I might muddle through another winter with my worn out barbour-alike .. I have a smart raincoat though for "occasions".

I’m a bit scared of eBay - you have to do a lot of digging and I’m not good at that as I’m too impatient. Can’t do auctions either. Need to buy outright. Then when you do buy stuff, you get pestered for feedback. Stresses me out massively.
And then it might not fit! Can’t cope with sending stuff back so would end up with a wardrobe full of ill fitting threads. Which I already have tbh

Good thread.

I went looking for coats yesterday, my five year old wax cotton Fat Face job is too distressed chic now. Couldn’t find anything I liked. The closest was a proper Barbour, with the wool liner but they had bloody black plastic elbow patches on.

I’ve got a decent goretex for walking and if it’s really cold and wet round town.

My coat is about 5 years old and Fat Face. It's completely lost the waterproofing it had, and is definately shabby now - I'm going to get at least one more winter out of it though, particularly as I won't be doing much this year. I'll give it a good spray with something to keep me dry at football.

Military surplus used to be a good supply of coats. Now they seem to do some new as well

Good thread.

Is it a waxed jacket you're after? I've seen a few nice looking ones on sale recently - not sure they're strictly winter coats but you can layer up to make them so huh?

this Gloverall jacket in British Millerain is lush

1601758859055.png

I really like this Kestin Hare coat (fabric is from Halley Stevensons, the other british wax clothmaker)

1601758915625.png

And this North Face / British Millerain collab is great too

1601758962491.png

Or this jolly orange YMC coat (this one seems to be wool lined)

1601759047999.png

at least have alook at the sellers link I provided, honestly it's all top notch and 85% is brand new, really good deals, this guy just deals in high end suits and jackets/coats.

Back
Top Bottom