Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rape, sexual assault and harassment in the entertainment industry

What a strange thing to say.

Weinstein is apparently a sexual predator. Predators get away with preying on the weak and vulverable. It's what they do. Their ability to seperate the vulnerable from the strong is what gives them longevity.

Judi Dench or Meryl Streep would have given him short shrift. He would be keenly aware of that and would have altered his behaviour accordingly. A shark like him has has to be able to swim in a sea of 'respectability'. Otherwise his 'career' as a letch would be short-lived.

The notion that he would have behaved in the same way to all women is simply juvenile.
I'm not sure the notion that some women weren't abused because they were 'strong' is very helpful. Yes, he might possibly have made such calculations, we don't know, but I don't think we should. I might be genuinely misreading your post, so I'm not steaming in, just asking what you meant?

This has been going on since the dawn of cinema. Famously even James Dean was a victim of the casting couch in order to get the roles he needed.

It's a well documented thing in Hollywood history as a cursory Google of "Hollywood casting couch" will show you.

In fact, two of cinema's greatest geniuses, Hitchcock and Chaplin, were both terrible perverts where actresses were concerned.

Hopefully the fact it's all blown up now will put a stop to it for once and for all.
It won't, because it's not a Hollywood thing. It goes on everywhere that men have power over women.

So, everywhere.

The prosecutors had audio tape of him admitting to one of his victims he'd sexually assaulted her , cops put a wire on her after she went to them and he admitted the sexual assault , caught on tape bang to rights .
Fuck all done .

Prosecutors defend 2015 Weinstein decision

New York Times also "gutted" their own reporters story on his antics .

Matt Damon denies 'killing' Weinstein story

Nowt to do with him having any powerful friends though .

It won't, because it's not a Hollywood thing. It goes on everywhere that men have power over women.

So, everywhere.

Let's broaden it even further, whenever there is a large disparity in power, some of the powerful will be enabled to sexually abuse the powerless.

What a strange thing to say.

Weinstein is apparently a sexual predator. Predators get away with preying on the weak and vulverable. It's what they do. Their ability to seperate the vulnerable from the strong is what gives them longevity.

Judi Dench or Meryl Streep would have given him short shrift. He would be keenly aware of that and would have altered his behaviour accordingly. A shark like him has has to be able to swim in a sea of 'respectability'. Otherwise his 'career' as a letch would be short-lived.

The notion that he would have behaved in the same way to all women is simply juvenile.

Bit of a Freudian slip there!

Every newspaper has a team of self-declared 'Hollywood Insider' showbiz journalists. Either they knew or they are incompetent.

Or if they opened their mouths they'd be frozen out of the scene and no longer insiders . The star studded bash that gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation..and an Oscar...give an impression they look after their own . The NYT gutted a previous attempt by one of their journalists to expose this . Their own publications most likely wouldn't publish or support them .

I'd imagine showbiz journos mostly didn't bother breaking the story because it's totally commonplace behaviour, in their own newsrooms as much as Hollywood.

I'd imagine showbiz journos mostly didn't bother breaking the story because it's totally commonplace behaviour, in their own newsrooms as much as Hollywood.
It also wasn't considered much of a story because few outside the showbiz world had ever heard of Weinstein.

It also wasn't considered much of a story because few outside the showbiz world had ever heard of Weinstein.

how-do-eskimos-live-today_6fad996e-b0d1-4a4a-a23f-8ef6c0de7486.jpg

Walrus bollocks . Even I knew he was Tom !!

Back
Top Bottom