Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PS4 VR

Enjoying Doom and Skyrim too, though the graphics are pretty blocky. Ordered Res Evil 7 and will prob order Superhot when I can get move controllers. It's just a fantastic bit of kit and has made me want to play games more than I have for ages. :cool: Also feels healthier to be standing up and moving while playing rather than just sat on the couch!

So do you turn completely freely and move with the controller?

So do you turn completely freely and move with the controller?

Controller has to stay attached to the ps.. I'll often come out of a game to discover i've turned more than i thought though. Particularly with Astrobot, you'll find yourself moving to look round walls that aren't actually there and pretty much turning right round so as you can get your character to certain locations.

Ah, that sounds tricky.

Movement and camera feel a bit different from game to game (with Skyrim mean to be the freest and potentially most sick-enducing), but I've had no issues so far.. If you already have a ps4 and can get the mega pack for ~£200, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed. I can't actually see me going back to playing regular games in the near future!

Make sure and use headphones or buds if you are getting sick, they keep the sound relative to the vr, tv speakers don't.

Believe it or not SuperFX Pinball 2 (or something like that) is great fun...as is hustle kings pool which you can play online against others.

Quite 'enjoying' Res Evil 7 in VR. Graphics are a bit janky, though if you're someone my age, you can always pretend you're watching a 2nd gen copy of a video nasty.. (I'm not going to try it normal screen because I guess the comparison will make it look even worse.) It is *very* tense and scary, and I've not even met any bad guys yet. They should re-jig Alien Isolation for VR. :D

Quite 'enjoying' Res Evil 7 in VR. Graphics are a bit janky, though if you're someone my age, you can always pretend you're watching a 2nd gen copy of a video nasty.. (I'm not going to try it normal screen because I guess the comparison will make it look even worse.) It is *very* tense and scary, and I've not even met any bad guys yet. They should re-jig Alien Isolation for VR. :D
At the moment most psvr graphics are inferior to normal games. It's the immersion that changes it. Playing RE in vr is probably akin to my first experience playing RE back on the PS1 which was genuinely scary first time through.

Apparently the Legion game pack is more scary than RE7 though ;)

If you want a nice graphics change there's a free demo of Moss in the store.

I don't mind that the graphics are a step back for some games. As you say, the sense of immersion more than makes up for it. Probably the games that come off best are the ones that don't aspire to any sense of realism and don't have a regular version to compare to. Astrobot, for example. I really want Superhot, but move controllers still hard to get for a decent price.

I don't mind that the graphics are a step back for some games. As you say, the sense of immersion more than makes up for it. Probably the games that come off best are the ones that don't aspire to any sense of realism and don't have a regular version to compare to. Astrobot, for example. I really want Superhot, but move controllers still hard to get for a decent price.
I know what you mean, I bought mines second hand before I got the vr for £36 the pair. £80 is stiff.

For dualshock I have to say Tetris is the best apart from Astrobot, I'm not sure if tetris is a zen or an astral experience but it's in there someplace. That dark mushroom spider level on Astrobot brought me to tears though.

Have to emphasize as per previous posts though...beat sabre is worth the cost of the game and 2 wands. And the headset. And the graphics are 16 bit max.

Bought wands and Superhot. Had a quick blast tonight and I like, though still stuck in the tutorials. Did anyone play Firewall over the weekend? Does anyone have the aim controller?

Just received ace combat 7, which includes 3 VR missions - only played the non VR campaign so far as I'm saving the (hopefully) amazing but brief VR bits for once I've got used to the controls - great fun so far :cool:

Just received ace combat 7, which includes 3 VR missions - only played the non VR campaign so far as I'm saving the (hopefully) amazing but brief VR bits for once I've got used to the controls - great fun so far :cool:
Those 3 vr missions are meant to be terrific. You can do them open-world after completing them.

Man, I really want an aim controller now. Pretty much impossible to find unless you're willing to pay a shit load. Wonder if they will start manufacturing the different controllers again?

Superhot VR makes you a bit sweaty. The tracking often seems to go out, though!
Yes it's a good workout. You're right about the tracking, it's very fussy. Shaking your wand/s a bit can recentre them but on occasion I've had to turn them off and on again.

This is now gathering dust as I got too sick playing it for longer than about an hour, and the kid prefers a mega pc for the crisp scrolling and hi spec graphics.

I've only just got the PS4 and I've fallen down a Fallout 4 gravity well, but I might have a go on a mate's setup and consider it. :)

Back
Top Bottom