Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is there a fun VR gaming thing that isn't for hardcore gamers?

So you do it over the internet.
Do you need a fast internet connection?

My internet connection is pretty ropey and it does fine. Downloads are pretty resilient, they'll just take a bit longer.
A ping of over 200 m/s and you'll get some significant issues with some games, but that's the same for PC or phone games.

I have never bought a game for my phone. It's a Nokia.

Ok, well a lot like buying off Steam.
Or like buying from Amazon without the delivery bit.
Using a big virtual screen within your "home space" <like a desktop taking the form of a 3d VR house>.

Is it one of the Nokias you could use as anti-tank ammunition?

Looks like one but is a shitter modern update. Still does 5g and bluetooth headsets etc, but the internet is not really usable. I have had smartphones, but they are too big. I certainly never bought games.
I have minesweeper and solitaire on my tablet.

Minimum requirements for tablet to set it up:
  • Apple iOS 10+
  • Android 5.0+

The experience is much better. 6 degrees of freedom instead of 3, so you can really move around instead of just looking in different directions.; much better for motion sickness. Improved resolution, properly tracked controllers, better graphics. More comfy by all reports, although it weighs the same.

It sounds better sure. Just not sure if I can get on with wearing them at any length of time if they're the same weight.

It sounds better sure. Just not sure if I can get on with wearing them at any length of time if they're the same weight.

It's not so much weight than fit imo. It's common to use an extra battery pack on the back of the strap as a counter-weight, which makes the headset feel less heavy on your face. I haven't had any issues with heaviness with the standard strap (which for the Quest 2 frankly isn't all that good compared to some of the alternatives), but YMMV.

My son plays Echo VR a lot and is in a team, I had a few goes and found it pretty immersive. Robot recall is also pretty good.

You did well managing Echo if you dont do VR much- very easy to get motion sickness with that one.

Back
Top Bottom