• Portugal normal play

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Spain normal play

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Portugal on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain on penalties

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Neither, Both teams will go out and get drunk instead.

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
Much as I want it to be Portugal I doubt that we are good enough. So I think it will be Spain.

This is a very well thought-out poll, I must say. Good work. No clue about the match :D

Portugal are well organized, but whether they can score really depends on Ronaldo. Spain know this so the outcome will entirely depend on whether they can stop him.

Ive bet on Portugal the last world cup and last euros, partly as the odds were good, but also because nani, pepe and ronaldo have to add up to something... based on what i saw now and then i dont think they stand a chance - though when they met at WC 2010 it was fairly close i guess... problem is oppositions close down their key players and portugal also concentrate too hard on their key players - if only they had a couple more options

*point taken that Ron is on form

Ill be annoyed if Portugal win the whole thing though, as i balked at betting on them again this time

I don't quite understand why they have 1st quarterfinal winner against 3rd and 2nd against 4th. If they'd done it 1st against 2nd and 3rd against 4th, there would only have been one day's difference in rest time.

To avoid the same teams from the group potentially playing each other again I think.

You could maybe avoid that by juggling around the QF order though.

He's hungry for it too. I know he's a twat, but he's a twat who really wants to win this thing.

13.jpg

Much as I don't want it to be Portugal I doubt that they are good enough. So I think it will be Spain.

Despite the twattishness or otherwise of Portugal's star man, I want them to win. I find Spain really quite dull to watch, trying to walk the ball into the net with 974 passes of 10m or less. With the exception of Alonso, they seem unwilling to just give a bang from distance sometimes.

Only a couple of days left now. An Iberian team is going to the final , but which? (probably Spain) I'm expecting that the game will be more interesting than last night's. (I guess that might be a matter of opinion)

Is there any scenario in which both teams can lose?

If not, Spain just cos they have less flag wavers in south London.

Is there any scenario in which both teams can lose?

If not, Spain just cos they have less flag wavers in south London.
No,somebody has to win. If there is no winner after normal time it goes to extra time, then to penalties, then, if there is still no winner, it goes to golden goal.

Do you think Ronaldo will play on the left or right? Arbeloa seems a better defender, so Portugal may get more joy from letting Nani have a go at him and use Ronaldo against the more adventurous Alba.

No,somebody has to win. If there is no winner after normal time it goes to extra time, then to penalties, then, if there is still no winner, it goes to golden goal.

Sorry, that was sarcasm. Another way of saying it is I hope they both lose then we could have the final everyone wants to see; Germany vs Germany B

Hope Portugal beat them, Spain are as much a negative team as any one from early 90's Serie A. Sure they have awesome technique and can pull off a beautiful geometrical passing move but 80% of the time they are just playing it safe, maintaining control of the game and extremely risk averse.

Back
Top Bottom