Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ponds are great

I have no idea what was happening here :D the one on top was female so they were probably just chilling. Fuck knows though :D

20220804_171743.jpg

Is it stupid for me to worry about the frogs during the heatwave and since I've gone away for the weekend?

Is it stupid for me to worry about the frogs during the heatwave and since I've gone away for the weekend?

They will almost certainly be fine unless your pond is near to drying out. I'd be more worried about fish, if you have any of those.

We've been worried about our fish, who have not been coming up to feed (they usually shoulder-charge each other out of the way to get to the food at this time of year).

My OH saw them the day before yesterday and they came up to feed but not since.

We think it could be either that they're eating algae and are quite happy with it, or are traumatised by the sound and vibrations from next door building a man-cave about two metres away. :(

I don't know about frogs tbh. Like Epona I would think they'd be fine if there's plenty of water.

Well, fuck, found a clearly dehydrated and exhausted frog in the middle of the road near my house. I didn't take it to the pond in case there was something wrong with it (it was very sluggish and didn't really try to escape when I picked it up.) I placed it in someone's flowerbed and hoped for the best really. There's been a big downpour but I don't know whether it's too late. I'm really upset about it tbh, that and the fact I found a hawk moth caterpillar in need of rescue on the pavement in Cheltenham this morning:(

Back
Top Bottom