Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ponds are great

As long as you're not taking it too far should be OK, usually they advise against because of disease etc tho

mine has gone a bit mad over the summer and them bullrushes do explode - I though it would be nice to have a few but not about a hundred of them. Also, I have some cheap fish in the pond. please dont chuck in any 3 for a fiver ghost carp for the lols, the eat everything including the spawn of the various things on there that mated in the late winter. Once it calms down , I will cut back the bullrushes massively and dig the ghost carp out. the local park pond might have a few new arrivals- I know its bad vuggum to decant them, but there ones on there already
the hot weather killed off the duckweed when i was in central america but thats no bad things i suppose.

there is probably too much veg in there atm. it does however assist with evaporation and still has a frog or two. if i can get it cut back in the autumn, I am looking forward to the early 2023 carpet of toads experience again , as they make their way towards the pond and keep me awake all night with their shouting

How big is it? Ours is way too small for fish. They do eat frogs so I'd be worried about having them.

A frog i think was Franz Frogginand (who i saw in the pond later( leaped about 4 metres up the garden while the cat was chasing him lol and dived into the pond. It was an impressive but nerve racking sight lol

Last edited:
I've realised that frogs are actually pretty amazing if you look at their bodies, like they're really 'squashy'? Even a large frog can shrink itself down to fit into a tiny space quite incredibly? And when you look at a frogs leg, it is folded up beside the frog what looks like several times.

Back
Top Bottom