Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political violence in the USA

Well, maybe I was thinking of the 10th June bomb threats after the Pride goods were withdrawn where the email accused Target of betraying the LGBTQ+ community.

You stupid blinkered cunts.

Ah yes, a single email, what unassailable evidence that liberals and lefties are just as bad. No way that a lying fascist could have written that one to stir the pot.

Ah yes, a single email, what unassailable evidence that liberals and lefties are just as bad. No way that a lying fascist could have written that one to stir the pot.

I never said liberals and lefties are just as bad. :facepalm: :D

I never said liberals and lefties are just as bad. :facepalm: :D

Point remains that you're taking a single piece of dubious evidence at face value as a basis for speculating that it was a liberal or a lefty that set the fire, when the greater weight of it by far points towards the far right. I find it hard to believe that you're not clever enough to see how that kind of thing comes across as "enlightened centrism" kind of bollocks.

Point remains that you're taking a single piece of dubious evidence at face value as a basis for speculating that it was a liberal or a lefty that set the fire, when the greater weight of it by far points towards the far right. I find it hard to believe that you're not clever enough to see how that kind of thing comes across as "enlightened centrism" kind of bollocks.

Well, the email had quite a high quality of spelling tbf. I made no assumptions about political affiliation.

Meh, nothing new. He's got form for it.

drip drip drip, every day

i can scarcely bring myself to read it

I've been watching a lot of the YouTube videos made by "Fundie Friday" and they had spoken about operation railroad and some of the people involved in it and other offshoots - there was another one called some like shields of freedom. They did a deep dive on the film studios, qanon and film which is great.

Gaetz really gives me the heebs in a Dead Zone kind of way.

Just to add. I’ve worked out what it is.

It’s the eyes. They’re perfectly plausible eyes but they never seem to be really looking at anything. They just sort of point out of his head. Like someone ran out of time at the deep fake lab and figured “that’ll do”.

It’s like he’s projecting a deep hatred into a random piece of air, or just next to his interlocutor’s ear. :confused:

from a few years ago even

"Brockway’s attorney, Lance Jasper, told the Missoulian that Brockway believed he was doing what President Donald Trump wanted him to do."

this is the new talking point, trump used it over the weekend too

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) published a shockingly violent and homophobic tirade against General Mark Milley, suggesting the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff be put to death.

Gosar’s Congressional office released a newsletter on Sunday which claimed that the FBI, the DHS, and other federal agencies allowed the U.S. Capitol to be attacked by Donald Trump’s rioting supporters on January 6. From there, the newsletter blasted Milley for speaking with Nancy Pelosi after the riot, agreeing with her that Trump was “crazy,” and assuring the former House speaker that Trump wouldn’t be able to seize control of America’s nuclear arsenal during his last days in office.

In addition, the newsletter called Milley “homosexual promoting” and “sodomy-promoting.”

this is the new talking point, trump used it over the weekend too

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) published a shockingly violent and homophobic tirade against General Mark Milley, suggesting the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff be put to death.

Gosar’s Congressional office released a newsletter on Sunday which claimed that the FBI, the DHS, and other federal agencies allowed the U.S. Capitol to be attacked by Donald Trump’s rioting supporters on January 6. From there, the newsletter blasted Milley for speaking with Nancy Pelosi after the riot, agreeing with her that Trump was “crazy,” and assuring the former House speaker that Trump wouldn’t be able to seize control of America’s nuclear arsenal during his last days in office.

In addition, the newsletter called Milley “homosexual promoting” and “sodomy-promoting.”

Execution is possibly a bit harsh, but I can't work up much sympathy for the bloodthirsty Milley.

well, yes

"It's the biggest story of the 2024 election, but it's not being treated as that in the press," Klaas said. "I think that's a real failing, because it has become the banality of crazy incitement to violence, this sort of normalcy and routine of Trump saying things that could get people killed. You have him suggesting that you could execute America's top general. On Friday night, you had him joking about Paul Pelosi [husband of former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi] being attacked and the crowd laughed when he referenced an 82-year-old man being hit over the head with a hammer."

just one guy's opinion, but there is form, as said in the article.

A guy wearing a MAGA hat shot a Hopi man protesting a statue of a conquistidor:

Earlier , New Mexico State Police confirmed that a man was shot while celebrating the delay in replacing the statue of Don Juan de Oñate just outside the Rio Arriba County Clerk’s Office in Española.

According to an Instagram post by Red Nation Movement, the victim is Jacob John (Hopi, Akimel O'odham) an Indigenous climate activist.

According to witnesses, the shooter, who has been identified as 23-year-old Ryan Martinez, was wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat and charged the protesters. Martinez is known to terrorize people online and would encourage rowdy activity at protests.

New Mexico State Police confirmed that Martinez is in custody related to the shooting, and there is no longer a threat to the public.

Last night, Red Nation, an organization that advocates for the liberation of Native peoples from capitalism and colonialism, camped out to protest the replacement of the statue of Oñate.

Juan de Oñate is the first Spanish Governor of the province of New Mexico, 1598-1606, and is well known as a conquistador. According to the Associated Press, he is known for having ordered the right feet cut off of 24 captive tribal warriors after his soldiers stormed the Acoma Pueblo’s mesa-top “sky city.” That attack was precipitated by the killing of Oñate’s nephew.

His statue was removed in 2020 from Alcade, New Mexico after protests demanded that statues of colonial figures be removed from public space. Many statutes of colonial figures were removed throughout the United States after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis in 2020.

If you really pay attention to what the MAGAs say, they don't like native people's any more than African Americans or Jewish people.

A man illegally brought a handgun into the Wisconsin Capitol, demanding to see Gov. Tony Evers, and returned at night with an assault rifle after posting bail, a spokesperson for the state said Thursday.

The man, who was shirtless and had a holstered handgun, approached the governor’s office on the first floor of the Capitol around 2 p.m. Wednesday, state Department of Administration spokesperson Tatyana Warrick said. The man was demanding to see the governor, who was not in the building at the time, Warrick said.

The incident is just the latest in a series of violent threats against public officials.

Evers, a Democrat, was on a hit list of a gunman suspected of fatally shooting a retired county judge at his Wisconsin home in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom