Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political violence in the USA

I must know a lot of exceptional young people.

It’s more likely you know a skewed sample of young people who present you with a filtered view of things for a host of reasons.

But I guess it also hinges on what you meant by “woke”. The young people I know have no time for racism or homophobia (and I’m also subject to biases of sampling etc. obv).

Here are some fairly recent survey results from your neck of the woods - the increasing gender diversion is a bit startling:

IMG_0843.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s more likely you know a skewed sample of young people who present you with a filtered view of things for a host of reasons.

But I guess it also hinges on what you meant by “woke”. The young people I know have no time for racism or homophobia (and I’m also subject to biases of sampling etc. obv).

Here are some fairly recent survey results from your neck of the woods - the increasing gender diversion is a bit startling:

View attachment 388460

Yes, the gender divide has been going on for a while and becoming worse. Several teachers I know attribute it to some of the You-tube and Tik-Tok content out there aimed at making boys think they're victims. There's also a wide and growing divide between urban and rural people as rural areas have been left behind economically.

Several teachers I know attribute it to some of the You-tube and Tik-Tok content out there aimed at making boys think they're victims.

I think at least from that particular graph the divergence starts early enough for it to possibly be a case of the phenomenon creating a market for the content rather than the content causing the phenomenon, though feedback loops and similar can happen.

Something also definitely happens in the 18 months leading up to Trump’s election..

With young men I suspect some of it is self-reinforcing bullshit but with a potential shelf life of "this isn't actually helping me, is it." Feel like a teenage failure, cast around for easy answers, find Tate and co. Follow Tate teachings, get rejected by women for sounding like a sociopath, blame women rather than Tate, dive further into incel trash theory ... And for young women it's not exactly a difficult line to follow from shitty experiences with reactionary guys supporting legislation destroying your rights to "there's got to be some better ideas than this."

Bloody hell.

BBC News - Abused and stalked, US election workers are bracing for 2024

Is there a case for sending in UN election observers?
unless they get heavily armed protection no.
UK forces in Arizona on exercise were told to keep a low profile off duty as threats had been made against foreign troops suspected of being part of the UN :facepalm: :eek:
They have even threatened US soldiers who were dressed up as Russians for exercise purposes!:facepalm: paranoid idiots and guns.

Sarcasam does not work with them not that I ever told anyone "we are the advanced party for some UN OP something about round up Patriots probably never happen* because that would be stupid:confused::(:eek:

However you feel about Donald Trump, there's no justification for threatening a 17-year-old minor:

A Chicago woman was arrested on Monday on charges of emailing threats to shoot Donald Trump and his youngest son Barron Trump, the US attorney’s office in the Illinois city said.

A formal complaint was filed against Tracy Marie Fiorenza, 41, earlier this month in the US district court for the southern district of Florida.

“I will state that I will shoot Donald Trump Sr AND Barron Trump straight in the face at any opportunity I get!” Fiorenza allegedly wrote in an email in May, according to the complaint.

Personally, I think Baron will grow up to be a chip off the old block, but we should remember that isn't a certainty, and he is still a minor. He could grow up and reject everything about his family. I doubt that, but no one should give him reason to become more like his father.

However you feel about Donald Trump, there's no justification for threatening a 17-year-old minor:

Personally, I think Baron will grow up to be a chip off the old block, but we should remember that isn't a certainty, and he is still a minor. He could grow up and reject everything about his family. I doubt that, but no one should give him reason to become more like his father.

On the bright side, she was threatening to kill Trump…

it just keeps coming.

from this afternoon

huh. anything like this happen before?

in fact,
today it's Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Charlotte.

Am beginning to wonder whether this store is suffering from nominative determinism.

<bomb threats are bad when right-wing people do them>

Last edited:
:snarl:

A federal judge on Wednesday ruled that Rudy Giuliani defamed former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Wandrea "Shaye" Moss, and is liable for damages after he failed to comply with discovery obligations in their lawsuit over his baseless claims that they had committed fraud during the 2020 election.

A civil trial will be held to determine the amount of damages.

i hope it's $1,000,000,000,000.

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold told the news outlet, "I anticipate it will get worse as we end this year and go into the presidential election next year. Do we have the best tools to get through the next period of time? Absolutely not."

Arson fire at California Target. They set it in the children's section. So much for caring about the welfare of children:

A Target store had to be evacuated and closed in Buena Park after a suspicious fire broke out in the children’s section Tuesday night

Fire authorities received a call reporting the fire at about 7:15 p.m. in the store located at 7530 Orangethorpe Ave.

Crews arrived to find a hazy, smoky scene and discovered the fire had already been extinguished, Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Erik Miranda said.

How much you wanna bet that Target forgets about Pride Month next year?

Arson fire at California Target. They set it in the children's section. So much for caring about the welfare of children:

How much you wanna bet that Target forgets about Pride Month next year?

I thought they had withdrawn certain items (that had sent some people a bit potty) some months ago.

Some of them were children’s items, though, which might explain the children’s section being targeted.

I thought they had withdrawn certain items (that had sent some people a bit potty) some months ago.

Some of them were children’s items, though, which might explain the children’s section being targeted.

They did. They also moved most of the display to the back of the store. Next year, if there's any pride merch, it will be sold online, I'm sure. I did see that their merch had sold well online, despite the controversy.

he's nothing, but it's the constant drumbeat, the snide satisfaction that you can say this and suffer no consequence. iit's everyday background noise, and that's the point, to control the atmosphere.

he's nothing, but it's the constant drumbeat, the snide satisfaction that you can say this and suffer no consequence. iit's everyday background noise, and that's the point, to control the atmosphere.

Seems a bit foolhardy given what’s happening. I guess if enough of them are saying similar things there’s a feeling of impunity.

Back
Top Bottom