Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

I know it's a nice place to pop into for a few treats, but who in god's name actually does a shop at M&S?
The wealthier elderly (& some carers to the very old) hence the party profile, I suppose.

Places that have the food only stores I suppose, there are some mega sized ones which have deli counters too (one in Camberley for example)

Iceland far and away the biggest brexit party vote. Wierd choice for your main supermarket. People who disdain fresh produce in favour of bulk buying frozen crap?

I perceive Sainsbury as posher than Tesco, FWIW. And M&S as very lower-middle.
Some Tescos (like the one on the old rovers ground in Bristol) are really shabby, definitely getting hit by people moving to Aldi etc. and it shows in the lack of upkeep. Some of the older Sainsbury’s also look pretty tired now. Asda seems to be holding up, but they were never that fancy in the first place.

Tories + continuity UKIP = 31%. Even if the swivel-eyed fucks come back to the fold at the election they’re still fucked. And if it’s obvious they can’t win more likely the loon contingent will be boosted as people think ‘might as well’ as a protest or something.

Hoping for some enjoyable P45s on election night.

Thing is, Sunak is equally charmless, and possibly even more out of touch.

I can see them both trying to stay away from debates as much as they can get away with. Which means Farage will be strutting about calling them cowards before going on Ch5 to have a tedious debate with whoever the Lib Dem and green leaders are.

This is promising.

The YouGov survey of 14,000 people forecasts that the Tories will retain just 169 seats, while Labour will sweep to power with 385 seats – giving Sir Keir Starmer a 120-seat majority.

Every Red Wall seat won from Labour by Boris Johnson in 2019 will be lost, the poll indicates, and the Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, will be one of 11 Cabinet ministers to lose their seats.

The Tories will win 196 fewer seats than in 2019, more than the 178 Sir John Major lost in 1997.

IMG_3064.jpeg

Tories + continuity UKIP = 31%. Even if the swivel-eyed fucks come back to the fold at the election they’re still fucked. And if it’s obvious they can’t win more likely the loon contingent will be boosted as people think ‘might as well’ as a protest or something.

Hoping for some enjoyable P45s on election night.
If it ain't led by Sked, it ain't UKIP.

He keeps floating around as some centrist social democrat / Euroskeptic what's he up to now?

ETA: just checked his Twitter, Pro-Israel, boomer, soft nationalist, populism without a desire to be popular. Kind of what you might expect.

Last edited:
He keeps floating around as some centrist social democrat / Euroskeptic what's he up to now?

Professor Emeritus at LSE- basically retired academic who still keeps his hand in.

Briefly head of "Prosper UK" (??), a short lived party that was a UKIP splinteroid that broke away from the mother ship owing to the likes of Tommy Robinson being around. That was followed by another bonkers tack towards "All For Unity" in the Scot Parl elections in 2021, the weird George Galloway carpet bag that yoked together the "Workers Party" and Juche4UK (the CPGB M-L) that has since frayed.

ETA: just checked his Twitter, Pro-Israel, boomer, soft nationalist, populism without a desire to be popular. Kind of what you might expect.
It is remarkable that someone who is a leader-founder of a political party should resign from it. I do not know of any other examples of this.

Somewhere in my pile of ephemeral crap I think I still have the Referendum Party VHS video that they posted through people’s doors during one of the early 90s elections, narrated by Sked. I seem to recall it had some serious Open University circa 1975 vibes.

It is remarkable that someone who is a leader-founder of a political party should resign from it. I do not know of any other examples of this.
Ramsay MacDonald? Didn't resign, was expelled, though in forming the National Government he kind of did.

Somewhere in my pile of ephemeral crap I think I still have the Referendum Party VHS video that they posted through people’s doors during one of the early 90s elections, narrated by Sked. I seem to recall it had some serious Open University circa 1975 vibes.
That was UKIP where he was talking about fishermen being issued with condoms. Referendum Party was swivel eyed ultra fascist billionaire Jimmy Goldsmith

That was 97. Referendum Party was Goldsmith. He had nothing to do with Sked. A lot of what he was saying was demonstrably true. Without his efforts UK mostly like would have ended up in the EUro. Had he been alive, I think Brexit would have been different and probably sooner.

Banks Hoggins Oshea put the video together...was his response to be told RP could only have one party election broadcast based on a formula thar determined the number based on votes at the previous GE. Every household got one.

Sunak's personal satisfaction numbers are plumbing the depths below Truss/Johnson and nearly matching the figures recorded in the terminal Fatch/Major periods:

1709630036345.png

Last edited:
And rat-boy's government net 'satisfaction' numbers are now closing in on the record breaking levels:

1709631672959.png

It's quite an achievement really given that he was meant to be a sensible, keep it steady type of appointment. You'd think there'd be at least an element of a 'well at least he's not Liz Truss' sort of bounce, but no.

Back
Top Bottom