Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

That's well explained, but I think Curtice's (naturally) cautious approach to any forecasting was made on the basis that it is unlikely that the LP's poll leads will sustain at mid 20s - 30s over the 2 years to the GE. With convergence will come disproportional benefit to the tories. As the StatsForLefties piece concludes:
Yes but not because of boundary conditions.
The main reason is the distribution of the Labour vote, even with no boundary changes Labour would still need to poll significantly higher than Tories.

And the vote efficiency of parties does change, it favoured Labour in 2010 and 2015 (I think)

It is if second place are on 29pc, yeah, is to me anyway.
For which they will receive 36% of the seats

So that’s the party with 43% getting 49% of the seats
And the party with 29% getting 36% of the seats

Seems that both those parties have done pretty well out of the arrangement. And both have received about the same number of “free” seats each.

Yes but not because of boundary conditions.
The main reason is the distribution of the Labour vote, even with no boundary changes Labour would still need to poll significantly higher than Tories.

And the vote efficiency of parties does change, it favoured Labour in 2010 and 2015 (I think)
Agreed. The Rallings & Thrasher analysis from last year predicted a slight electoral advantage (net +5 seats to the Tories) but, as you say, it's additional to and not as significant as the inbuilt votes/seat ratio favouring the Tories in 2019 when the Conservatives got one seat for every 38,264 votes, while Labour got one seat for every 50,837 votes.

Just 1 poll usual caveats...but the bigoted vermin will be delighted with the convergence suggested by these (post small boats) numbers:

• Sad
Reactions: Chz
Could we see an election this year?
What the fuck do I know alert. However - They don’t need to call it until Jan 25. I don’t think they’ll wait that long (January is a terrible month to expect people to go to the polls), but I don’t think they’ll jump unless the polls are much more favourable. That or they’ve left it too late and have to go anyway. My guess is late summer or Autumn of 24.

But who knows.

LP piling up votes in London...

as a bromelyite this poll explains my life
a 40 pc lead and bromley remains blue
never mind the northern red wall, if a left leaning party can turn Bromley red you've cracked the fucking puzzle
eta: and starmers arselicking and fascist-baiting mongering is not the solution

(moderately) interesting to compare today's numbers with the OP on this thread from just over 10 years ago.

1682959078907.png

Election Map's latest attempt to turn Welsh (Westminster) polling into seat projections:

Apart from the Ukrainian bit, the map looks suitably Red & Green for Wales.

Back
Top Bottom