Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

Kantar‘s final poll has topline figures of CON 43%(nc), LAB 38%(+5), LDEM 7%(-4), UKIP 4%(nc)

so we have some polls showing quite big movements for labour, whilst others are showing no change. fuck knows what's going on.

so we have some polls showing quite big movements for labour, whilst others are showing no change. fuck knows what's going on.
Don't know about the Kantar one but the TNS poll with Labour up 5 is from 1-7 June, so showing a similar increase in the Lab vote to others just with a bit of a "time lag" because they don't poll as often as YouGov/Survation etc

Has a party ever won* without being ahead in the polls even once?

*I'm defining won here as either the largest party in terms of seats or the highest vote share nationwide.

As an aside, the girl in the banner of Survation twitter account sat in a call centre holding her hair in an anxious way is seriously disturbing. What sort of message are they trying to send with that?

I knew this would happen. I got my hopes up and the universe is punishing me for it. We all need to start thinking really pessimistically so as to balance out the Karma. Come on everyone, just think about how terrible the result will be. We can do this. We can do it!

"YouGov’s final call for the 2017 election is for a seven point Conservative lead, leading to an increased Conservative majority in the Commons."

So. Maybe an early night tomorrow after all.

Yet their seat by seat predictions aren't for a increased majority :confused:.

YouGov did change their methodology for their final poll though, which would have suppressed the Labour VI. I'd have to see the tables to see how much.

Back
Top Bottom