Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

This afternoon I was listening to a phone in on radio 4 - any answers. There was a range of people calling, but noticeably there was loads of lifelong Tory voters switching to Labour. Loads. All over the dementia tax and winter fuel.

This afternoon I was listening to a phone in on radio 4 - any answers. There was a range of people calling, but noticeably there was loads of lifelong Tory voters switching to Labour. Loads. All over the dementia tax and winter fuel.

There will of course also be many more who won't be able to bring themselves to vote for Labour but who won't turn out for the Tories either.

Some follow up on that. The "event" being QT.
DBbCLk_XUAEZJX8.jpg:large

Youth turnout in 2010 was 49%
44% in 2015, I think.
Will be higher this time, and the degree to which will determine the outcome. Anyone wanting a Corbyn victory would be well advised to find young adults and walk them around to their polling stations.

Apologies for any party pooping here...but...

Summary of Con leads tonight ComRes +12 ICM +11 ORB +9 Opinium +6 Survation +1

Makes you wonder just how piss-poor the vermin would have to become to repel the Brexit-addled.

Makes you wonder just how piss-poor the vermin would have to become to repel the Brexit-addled.

The Brexit-addled? The most vocally Labour-adverse people I've spoken to on the basis of EU referendum beef recently are remoaners.

Apologies for any party pooping here...but...

Summary of Con leads tonight ComRes +12 ICM +11 ORB +9 Opinium +6 Survation +1
Irony is, I've been saying the polls were going to go back to the tories this week. Because they didn't quite do and there were a couple of good ones for corbo, I was almost expecting a 1% lead for Labour in one of the ones tonight. ((((my easily swayed emotions)))) :(

Back
Top Bottom