Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police tactics/reaction to 'illegal' Raves

Poll Removed

• Removed

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Removed

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
btw my current take on you is that you work as some sort of creative with an ad agency / PR agency looking at ways of generating exposure through holding illegal raves, and pushing things to provoke the police into taking action that will then get media coverage (with your help), and get your brand associated with a subculture that's gained a bit of exposure recently through stuff like skins... either that or you're just planning to film it and use the footage directly for something, fly on the wall thing maybe?

so you're not massively arsed about a small fine, as it can all be budgeted for, and justified by the column inches generated / picture / tv coverage, and you need the police involvement to get you the coverage anyway... at least that's how you're justifying it to yourself / your boss, but it's also allowing yourself to test out some of your inner anarchists ideas

am I in the right ballpark?

Interesting! :hmm:

I doubt we'll get any kind of clear answer though ...

How true. Wonder when they made the change.

some random website said:
So what exactly is PLURR? Well, originally it was PLUR, Peace, Love, Unity, Respect. But due to some really stupid people, the extra R was added, for RESPONSIBILITY!

hehe :)

PS: I'd put 'being confrontational with the police' in the 'really stupid' category.

Good! So please please please don't put this party on in this place, and please please please don't even consider some of the conforntational tactics you've mentioned!

ok, but you don't work this charity do you, and you haven't asked their permission to use their name in relation to this event yet - or if you have you haven't told them the nature of the event, or that it's going to be unlicensed have you, as there's no charity I've worked with that would touch this with a bargepole due to the serious potential for it to fuck up the charities reputation, which isn't worth the risk of a potential few grand income, or more likely a few hundred quid.

I explained this before. The Charity has nothing to do with it. We put on a free party. Ask people to donate to our chosen charity when they get home (via paypal, or whatever). All charities must publish their income, so we look at this data and look for a huge spike. If there is no spike, or if it isn't big enough, it means that the cheap, fucking ravers have enjoyed our party and decided to give nothing back. So, no more parties. We are going to trust you. Social experiment. Don't let us down. If we achieve our target goal, chosen charity is going to be very confused and surprised, but happy. Then there will be more parties. Less clubers. Less money for capitalists. More ravers. More money for charities. And the world is a better place.

Good! So please please please don't put this party on in this place, and please please please don't even consider some of the conforntational tactics you've mentioned!

If you knew where it was you'd probably all go 'ahhhh! ahha ha ha hahaha' then 'ooooooh'. Don't worry.

And hey, I never said that the MOD put those signs up.

Ste9 - those drug dealing botty-rapists just called me back.

They tell me they've just injected a load of crack into their todgers and are raring to go, so don't forget to bring the lube.

Ste9 - those drug dealing botty-rapists just called me back.

They tell me they've just injected a load of crack into their todgers and are raring to go, so don't forget to bring the lube.

You are a very perverse fellow.

What a strange thread.

freespirit said:
my current take on you is that you work as some sort of creative with an ad agency / PR agency looking at ways of generating exposure through holding illegal raves, and pushing things to provoke the police into taking action that will then get media coverage (with your help), and get your brand associated with a subculture that's gained a bit of exposure recently through stuff like skins... either that or you're just planning to film it and use the footage directly for something, fly on the wall thing maybe?

Sounds plausible.

ok6fiu.jpg

:D :D :D

Ah. Problem with the DJ's. I did not guess they could be held responsible. One radical solution would be to place the DJ off-site and let them DJ remotely. linked via video

Oh for fucks sake :D

My main objection is that you're quite clearly taking the piss.

Why don't you come clean and tell us what this is really all about?

I've been soooo tempted to turn around and say that I've been trolling y'all. But, alas, we are deadly fucking sirious.

blacksheep.jpg

Ste9 insists it was not his idea to party on an unexploded munitions field...
attack_dogs_prisons.jpg

Ste9 finds what he thinks is a dildo whilst meeting the DJs for the first time...

Great. Now you're conducting a pictorial slander campaign against me. What a lovely community u75 has become.

*yawn*

Great. Now you're conducting a pictorial slander campaign against me. What a lovely community u75 has become.

*yawn*

I can send you pictures via video link if you prefer.

It's a radical solution, but it might just work.

Originally Posted by ste9
"Ah. Problem with the DJ's. I did not guess they could be held responsible. One radical solution would be to place the DJ off-site and let them DJ remotely. linked via video"

Oh for fucks sake

You say that but I remember a party where they linked up with a pirate radio station - cue much bafflement from plod. Don't know if this was the reason but we partied all morning. :D

Back
Top Bottom