Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

My objection to Dominos (and a lot of pizza delivery places) is the cost. I don't think the pizzas from most of them are that great and they are really quite pricey for what they are.
There are always deals though, I think that must be the business model a bit like cruises (I'm told would never go on one) that no one ever pays the advertised price.

Just discovered this channel. A village in Azerbaijan. The videos have no talking, almost like a meditation. A pizza with lots of topping cooked on an open fire grill in the snow, with dogs playing and waiting for a slice for their tea. What's not to like.

I loved that, gave me the incentive to throw away the last few bits of the rubbish but heavily discounted Papa Johns.

I wish there was a Franco Manca in Leeds. It was the only pizza restaurant actually worth going to. We have a great pizzeria called Eco, but have only had a meal out once there. Better for a takeaway as drinks are cheaper

I don't think it's joyless at all. I actually prefer food that is at least semi-healthy - the fresh taste of veg (with some carbs and fat) rather than a meal drowned in fat is a win for me.

The deep pan pizza covered with meat and cheese is more an American thing than an Italian thing AFAIK.

I don’t understand love for deep pan pizzas - the bread to topping ratio is all wrong.

found 400 Rabbits pretty average. I like a thin and crispy one, and a poncy Mamma Dough type place, but they can very easily become just a chewy bit of bread... which can drive me back to just getting something dirty from dominos etc for the cheeeese fatty oily beauty of it

There's a new place in Bristol that's just started doing Detroit style pizzas. I hear you on the ratio seeming all wrong, but I reckon when it's done right it'll be glorious. Will put a review on the thread when I've managed to have one.

There's a London place that does Detroit. It's ok. Eye watering prices.

But then I got chemistry a pan and he can make them at home now. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom